2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Traded-in my 2012 328i 6MT for 2012 535i 6MT

08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #23
Keyser Soze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

You can't do anything about the "Steering" feel but you can budget for the AC Schnitzer springs or another brand, springs will greatly increase the sportiness. Search this forum or the suspension forum for "springs." I don't see any replacement shocks (dampers) available yet for the F10 but they are Coilovers like the KW and Megan out there that would replace the springs/shocks all at once.

For $44k you can't really go wrong with this purchase, and not everyone cares about having every single luxury option so don't worry about resale.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
gvmohan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i 6MT

Garage List
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
You can't do anything about the "Steering" feel but you can budget for the AC Schnitzer springs or another brand, springs will greatly increase the sportiness. Search this forum or the suspension forum for "springs." I don't see any replacement shocks (dampers) available yet for the F10 but they are Coilovers like the KW and Megan out there that would replace the springs/shocks all at once.

For $44k you can't really go wrong with this purchase, and not everyone cares about having every single luxury option so don't worry about resale.
Thanks Keyser. I am seriously considering changing springs. Will buy tomorrow. I already read so many threads in this forum. I am interested in AC Schnitzer springs based on the positive feedback from many of the members.

More than happy with my purchase.

About the steering. I'm hoping someone will find a tune for steering wheel stiffness. I know it's not available now.

I am assuming, because the steering wheel is stiffening when driving modes are changed, it should be doable to custom level.

BMW should come up with one more driving mode.
1. ECO
2. Comfort
3. Sport
4. Sport +
5. Sport ++ or Custom Sport Mode (This option should allow user to change steering stiffness levels using iDrive.)

May be I should dig info for developing 3rd party application that works with iDrive by using BMW API(if they have one available)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
78mao
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F10, F13, current->F80, F15 X5

Garage List
2015 M3 BMW M3  [1.00]
congratz!!

wow! 11percent interest on a new car? crazyyyyyy