2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Blackberry App for Calendar

03-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #23
smhoer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335 Vert 2008

I had the same problem. It would not synch. I noticed I had holidays and birthdays listing in my calendar going out to 2280! I deleted everything past 2020 and it synched fine.

Soon to be retired - ED 2008 - 335i Convert, Space Grey/Coral Red/Grey Poplar, Sport :
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #24
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhoer View Post
I had the same problem. It would not synch. I noticed I had holidays and birthdays listing in my calendar going out to 2280! I deleted everything past 2020 and it synched fine.
You plan ahead don't you.

All kidding aside, that might be the answer that some need to get this to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #25
gupe
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramanza View Post
Guys,

what I can do, is connect to my private me.com account through the car's GSM system through connecteddrive. Slow, but it works.

What I cannot do, is reading my emails via bluetooth from the Blackberry, as advertised by BMW marketing material. Have got an F11 from a week ago, combox, all interfaces, and what not.... Calender would be great but this is still a dream, but the app doesn't do emails, right ?

What do I do wrong - any suggestions ?

gupe - you seem to have the same config as I do... what is your BB software version (I have 6.0.0.359, and cannot see my emails).

Helpless greetings,
C

I had indead the same problem and it's very easy to fix it .

Ghueser informed me as follows and it works :

Go into the Bluetooth Screen, highlight your phone with the box, then hit the "Options" switch on the i-drive. In the new screen, scroll down and you should see that there is an "Office" box that will need checkmarking. (highlight the box, press down on the i-drive knob) You should then be able to get your messages, both those in e-mail as well as text. Nothing else as we are waiting on software updates from BMW.

Please let me know if it works.

How about your pics of your contacts in your BB ? Do you see the pics on the BMW screen ? I don't see them or is this function not compatible with the 9780 ?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupe View Post

Go into the Bluetooth Screen, highlight your phone with the box, then hit the "Options" switch on the i-drive. In the new screen, scroll down and you should see that there is an "Office" box that will need checkmarking. (highlight the box, press down on the i-drive knob) You should then be able to get your messages, both those in e-mail as well as text. Nothing else as we are waiting on software updates from BMW.

How about your pics of your contacts in your BB ? Do you see the pics on the BMW screen ? I don't see them or is this function not compatible with the 9780 ?
Yes, I see the contact picture on the i-drive screen. (Same as my BB Torch) Now I have to go and take pictures of everyone I don't have!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
gupe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Yes, I see the contact picture on the i-drive screen. (Same as my BB Torch) Now I have to go and take pictures of everyone I don't have!
Why is it all working in your car and not in mine ;-)
I have the pics in my BB , I see them on my BB but not on the i-drive screen
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 525d

Quote:

No, unfortunately this doesn't work... I had seen this box before, in the options menu, and checked it (directly above it is a box for Audio, which I haven't checked because someone in another forum said I shouldn't - I am desparate). But it doesn't work with the emails. Neither do I see any pics, but that's maybe because I don't have any pics with my contacts... I'll try it tomorrow first thing with attaching my daughter's picture to her number and then trying to see it in the car... promise !!

Can you tell me your Blackberry's software version ? You find it in the Settings menu somewhere.. easy to find.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, unfortunately this doesn't work... I had seen this box before, in the options menu, and checked it (directly above it is a box for Audio, which I haven't checked because someone in another forum said I shouldn't - I am desparate). But it doesn't work with the emails. Neither do I see any pics, but that's maybe because I don't have any pics with my contacts... I'll try it tomorrow first thing with attaching my daughter's picture to her number and then trying to see it in the car... promise !!

Can you tell me your Blackberry's software version ? You find it in the Settings menu somewhere.. easy to find.

I just looked at BMW's website and they state that the Blackberry Curve 9300 and Pearl 9100 are the only phones they have tested that are compatible with Office. I can also add the BB Torch, which I believe is the 9800.

The problem is likley with your phone....although certainly am not sure. I will look at my phone in the morning and let you know what software version I have.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #30
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

This most likely is a Blackberry specific problem....

I need someone with a Bold 9780 like gupe, because this has a different software and a different bluetooth stack than the Torch or Pearl models. Why ? Who the heck knows....

gupe connects his 9780 with his car and it works, so I need his Blackberry's software version, and his car's software version, and the respective settings in the Blackberry (i.e. which of the MAP services are activated and which not).

That's likely the only way to get it working.

If you can give me your software version, however, I can narrow it down a bit more... currently, this is no-clue-land.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #31
gupe
Rep

Quote:
This most likely is a Blackberry specific problem....

I need someone with a Bold 9780 like gupe, because this has a different software and a different bluetooth stack than the Torch or Pearl models. Why ? Who the heck knows....

gupe connects his 9780 with his car and it works, so I need his Blackberry's software version, and his car's software version, and the respective settings in the Blackberry (i.e. which of the MAP services are activated and which not).

That's likely the only way to get it working.

If you can give me your software version, however, I can narrow it down a bit more... currently, this is no-clue-land.

The BB9800 and 9780 have just the same device software. When I ask an update with my BB 9780 , BB is mentioning that there is no update available.
I am sure , it has to work also with your phone. Software of our BBs is the same.

Are you sure of your settings in the BMW ? When you go to ' menu ' , in the menu click on ' telephone ' , now with the I-drive button click to left and you see 'bluetooth telephone ' , click on options . Then you see your connected phone . You have to check that 'office ' is marked !!
This was my problem.

I have software version V.6.00.359 bundel 1306
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #32
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

Now this is REALLY strange.
I have done what you told me, multiple times.
Just to make sure...

I go to "telephone", either through main menu or through the iDrive button.
When there, I select "Bluetooth Phone", and then rotate the dial until the red box marks the "Blackberry Bold 9780".

Then I hit the "options" button at the iDrive controller, and rotate the dial until I find "audio" and "office". I have audio not checked, but office is checked ! So, it should work - but it doesn't !

Now the strange thing: I have the same software version like you - ...359.

Can you have a look and tell me, which bluetooth software your car has ? You can find that in the same menu where the "options" checkbox is, a bit below, under "bluetooth info".
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #33
gupe
Rep

Quote:
Just to make sure...

When there, I select "Bluetooth Phone", and then rotate the dial until the red box marks the "Blackberry Bold 9780".

Then I hit the "options" button at the iDrive controller, and rotate the dial until I find "audio" and "office". I have audio not checked, but office is checked ! So, it should work - but it doesn't !

Can you have a look and tell me, which bluetooth software your car has ? You can find that in the same menu where the "options" checkbox is, a bit below, under "bluetooth info".

Now I am in the office , I will check aro 5PM when I am at home.

Do you see your pics from contacts in your phone on the BMW screeen ? I don't
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #34
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Now I am in the office , I will check aro 5PM when I am at home.

Do you see your pics from contacts in your phone on the BMW screeen ? I don't
Haven't tried - will try later (am in the office just like you )

Ah, one thing - can you check what services you have enabled in your blackberry 9780 ?

To find out go to Connections (the antenna symbol that allows you to switch on/off gsm, wifi, bluetooth), select bluetooth connections, then select your BMW's connection (5-digit number). Hit the Blackberry button, and go to "Options" (not MAP-Options, just options). scroll down to Services - there must be something like earphone, data transfer, etc... can you tell me which of those are checked, and which not ?

Thanks !!!

Last edited by caramanza; 03-18-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haven't tried - will try later (am in the office just like you )

Ah, one thing - can you check what services you have enabled in your blackberry 9780 ?

To find out go to Connections (the antenna symbol that allows you to switch on/off gsm, wifi, bluetooth), select bluetooth connections, then select your BMW's connection (5-digit number). Hit the Blackberry button, and go to "Options" (not MAP-Options, just options). scroll down to Services - there must be something like earphone, data transfer, etc... can you tell me which of those are checked, and which not ?

Thanks !!!
I just checked my Torch and have Software version 6.0.......Bundle 695

Under services, everything is checked except Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Transfer.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #36
gupe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
I just checked my Torch and have Software version 6.0.......Bundle 695

Under services, everything is checked except Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Transfer.

Same services at my phone , checked everything except Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Transfer.

Strange I don't see the pics of my contacts on the i-drive screen
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #37
gupe
Rep

Quote:
Just to make sure...

Just checked my car bluetooth software version ,
I have TX 002.005.021-002.005
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #38
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

And now, Gentlemen, I am truly confused.

Blackberry model: I have the same, bold 9780
BB software: the same, 6.0.0.359, Bundl 1306.
Configuration: the same, all checked except desktop conn. and wireless,
Car software: the same.
Car configuration: the same.

Yet, it works at one, and doesn't at the other.

What is it.... some invisible rays from outer space ?

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And now, Gentlemen, I am truly confused.

Blackberry model: I have the same, bold 9780
BB software: the same, 6.0.0.359, Bundl 1306.
Configuration: the same, all checked except desktop conn. and wireless,
Car software: the same.
Car configuration: the same.

Yet, it works at one, and doesn't at the other.

What is it.... some invisible rays from outer space ?

Can you and Gupe trade cars on every odd weekend. (Belgium isn't that far from Germany is it?) That way, both of you can experience a working Calendar at least part of the time.

Seriously........doesn't this drive you crazy? It took me a week to figure out how to get Office to work and all it ended up being was a simple checkmark is the Options menu. Yet......who knows how to do all this when it frist comes out? There are no directions from BMW and when they do come out with a video instruction, it's usually months after the fact. They still don't have the Blackberry Torch on their website as one of the phones that will work.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #40
toot535ix
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Xdrive

will it work wit a BB tour?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #41
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot535ix View Post
will it work wit a BB tour?
Torch / Style / Bold look to be the only phones that have or can get OS6, which is what you need for Office and Calendar ....and a Combox equiped vehicles.

This is from what I can tell from Blackberry's website.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #42
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

it works now after a complete reset of everything. Blackberry, Car, Bluetooth, the whole 9 yards....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #43
BestManWins
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 530i Msports

Caramanza, would appreciate if you could tell me what was reset. I had my ride's software completely upgraded 2 days ago and I still don't see the "Office" box in the option screen after selecting the paired Torch 9800.

Dealer advised that my BB Torch should have OS 6.0.0.337 (6.4.0.142). My Torch 9800 has OS 6.0.0.448, Platform 6.4.0.210, Bundle 1907. Just wondering why it doesn't work for Office.

Gheusser, could you please tell me in the Torch's Bluetooth Options page, under Services (which I had all options checked), is there a MAP Profile that needs to be checked?

Would really appreciate any help given, cheers.
      03-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #44
caramanza
Enlisted Member
Rep

there is not much else I can tell, really... I reset the BB by removing the battery, and then connect the device again.

Meanwhile I have done it again, to eliminate a wrong "unopened message" sign, and now i doesn't seem to work anymore.

Something's wrong in the state of denmark...
Appreciate 0