2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW Individual Exterior Aluminium Satinated

04-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
jellyfish523
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 523

BMW Individual Exterior Aluminium Satinated

Hi everyone,

Brand new to this forum and am one of the lucky ones who will moving from the e60 to the f10. Saw the car in the metal a week ago - all I can say is WOW! For everyone who feel that new car look conservative, you owe it to yourself to see the car in person - you won't be disappointed.

Back to the subject - does anyone know what the Individual Exterior Aluminium Satinated look like? I know what the catalog says but anyone seen this in person?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
SE135i
Rep
Drives:

I havenīt seen it in person but i think you can see it in the Official color treads under the color Imperial Blue.
Besides the trim being slightly different than the standard one the black trim on the B-pillar between the side windows and the black trim part on the sideview mirrors is Highgloss black instead of matte black plastic.
Looks really neat and much more exclusive in my opinion.

I think some exterior colors like dark blue and black looks really nice with the metal trim around the windows but i think the standard matte black looks a bit cheap.
      05-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
bmw 745d
V8 not G8
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've seen it in reality and I don't like it. So I would rather take the standard ones.

BMW 750Li Imperialblue/beige, Shadowline, wheels Ferricgrey
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
jellyfish523
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 523

Thanks for the replies!

I saw the photos in the official color thread but didn't even notice the difference from the standard trim... Personally, I like the hi-gloss on the B pillars and the stem of the wing mirrors but the supposedly satinated aluminium trim just does not look that different from the standard chrome trim, at least from the photos...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
jensputzier
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

I have it on my car and actually it is as good as the standard trim. If it hadn't come with my car (i bought a dealer stock car) I wouldn't have chosen it.

Regards
Jens
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Erasmus
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 528i F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish523 View Post
Hi everyone,

Brand new to this forum and am one of the lucky ones who will moving from the e60 to the f10. Saw the car in the metal a week ago - all I can say is WOW! For everyone who feel that new car look conservative, you owe it to yourself to see the car in person - you won't be disappointed.

Back to the subject - does anyone know what the Individual Exterior Aluminium Satinated look like? I know what the catalog says but anyone seen this in person?
Maybe off-topic: but you're absolutely right: it is WOW !!! And I can see it every day I look out of the window (at the front porch)

I've seen one in real live, it is somewhere more 'dimmed' as the normal alu trims ... Sorry, I can't say it differently. Nice though.