2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Unpleasant Work Environment

06-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #23
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Yea, you're not going to change people like that. Best bet is to suck it up & put on some music or job hunt. It sucks, but no one is gonna fix that situation. Now if she's causing problems with her shit talk about people, report to to HR & hopefully she gets fired.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #24
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Hell, if you want to go big, go big and start wearing a diaper to work. Yes, your coworkers will start call you "Old sh*t pants Not Judy" and you may get diaper rash, but it will be worth it.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #25
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I'm liking the new direction this thread is heading in. Hijinks here we come. All right BP family - best suggestions now.

I've got the stinky food bit covered. What else can Not Judy do?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I see only one course of action. File a harassment claim with HR. Tell them she grabbed your junk. #MeToo.

Seriously though, it sounds like you manager does not have your back and neither does HR. You're pretty much F'd. Even if you could score a different cubicle, you're still her b*tch until you either move to the different position in the company or leave. She sounds like a lifer there. She will not retire before you, despite the age gap. Waiting for her to go first is futile.
I still see the # symbol as a "pound" symbol. Every time I see it, I see "pound me too" then I giggle to myself. the rest of your statement is spot on. There is no foreseeable positive outcome to any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Yea, you're not going to change people like that. Best bet is to suck it up & put on some music or job hunt. It sucks, but no one is gonna fix that situation. Now if she's causing problems with her shit talk about people, report to to HR & hopefully she gets fired.
Until I had to train with her to be her back up bluetooth headphones and staying busy with engineering projects are how I have spent the last 2 years. I had no problem with this. Now that my vacation days are limited based on what days she is taking, which there are a few that we have both requested off creates an even deeper problem. As far as her being fired, this will never happen. She will be here until she dies or retires. Her shit talk has landed her problems for years and nothing has been done about it in the 20 years she has been here. No one else here knows how to do her job so they feel as though they have to keep her.

I can appreciate the rest of your comments but these are not viable options although they are comical and adding a bit of enjoyment to my day. Keep them coming.

I did just have a meeting with the Plant Manager to ensure that he realized the impossible situation that they have thrown me in. I did inform him that they are about to lose a good employee over not handling a problem employee simply over not wanting to lose someone who has been here as long as she has. In short, nothing is going to be done. I was asked to simply weather the storm. I was also informed that they have cut my budget on projects for the next fiscal year which is in part why they have asked me to fill in for her. Again, no favorable outcome other than seeking employment elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #27
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I can appreciate the rest of your comments but these are not viable options although they are comical and adding a bit of enjoyment to my day. Keep them coming.
Oh, you were looking for actually viable options instead of smart ass comments like sh*tting your pants in your shared office?

As I said before, without the support of your manager or HR, you are in a no-win situation. My best advise (No pants sh*tting involved) is to start your job search now. See what's out there and how it stacks up against the other internal job you are applying for. I've seen my share of people "holding on" for that internal promotion or transfer that never happens. In fact, if you are the ONLY person who seems to be able to function around this woman, your company management may not allow you to move jobs internally. They will never tell you this, of course, they will just quietly pass you over for other candidates every time you apply. Doing some job hunting and some interviewing outside the company will, if nothing else, give you perspective on what is out there and some leverage in negotiating the internal position.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Oh, you were looking for actually viable options instead of smart ass comments like sh*tting your pants in your shared office?

As I said before, without the support of your manager or HR, you are in a no-win situation. My best advise (No pants sh*tting involved) is to start your job search now. See what's out there and how it stacks up against the other internal job you are applying for. I've seen my share of people "holding on" for that internal promotion or transfer that never happens. In fact, if you are the ONLY person who seems to be able to function around this woman, your company management may not allow you to move jobs internally. They will never tell you this, of course, they will just quietly pass you over for other candidates every time you apply. Doing some job hunting and some interviewing outside the company will, if nothing else, give you perspective on what is out there and some leverage in negotiating the internal position.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
I honestly appreciate all hilarity in the comments made by the members of this board. One of the few places I truly feel like I fit in. You are 100% accurate in your statement. I see people getting passed over for positions here, that are more than qualified, by other BS issues. I have decided to looking for another job is probably my best bet. Thank you, I'll keep everyone posted.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      06-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #29
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Again, no favorable outcome other than seeking employment elsewhere.
Well, that depends on how you feel about tuna casserole really. If you happen to like it a lot, this is a good reason to eat more of it, and thus could be considered a favourable outcome.

On the other hand, if like most rational people, you aren't a huge fan of tuna casserole, I'd generally agree with your assessment.

Quote:
I honestly appreciate all hilarity in the comments made by the members of this board. One of the few places I truly feel like I fit in. You are 100% accurate in your statement. I see people getting passed over for positions here, that are more than qualified, by other BS issues. I have decided to looking for another job is probably my best bet. Thank you, I'll keep everyone posted.
Good luck - keep your cards close to your chest!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #30
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well, that depends on how you feel about tuna casserole really. If you happen to like it a lot, this is a good reason to eat more of it, and thus could be considered a favourable outcome.

On the other hand, if like most rational people, you aren't a huge fan of tuna casserole, I'd generally agree with your assessment.

Good luck - keep your cards close to your chest!

Appreciate everyone's input. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #31
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
You could always change from Not_Judy to Now_Judy. That will give them something to talk about and you can then claim discrimination for just about anything they do.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13152.00
bbbbmw2393.50
BSM n54iS2684.50
      06-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #32
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just reading this, it seems like they are trying to get rid of you. No company would put an educated engineer in this situation, if they want to keep that person. And the "nothings changing from your boss, combined with the lack of upward mobility - why would you stay there?

Her real value to the company may be in getting rid of people they don't want to keep, but don't have the balls to fire or lay off. If they do either, they have to pay unemployment, whereas if you quit, they don't.

Look around within whatever industry you work in, and start interviewing with those companies. Don't expect them to relocate you (although they might) - figure that part out on your own. Be aggressive- the world awaits!!

Or, stay with her, and they will likely lay you off - beware....
      06-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #33
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You could always change from Not_Judy to Now_Judy. That will give them something to talk about and you can then claim discrimination for just about anything they do.

A name change is in order.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #34
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

A name change is in order.
Long as you don't go full singular man. Everyone knows you don't go full singular.

Edit: Hoping we were able to brighten your day a little - we've all been there and they can suck. Harden up troop, but only at work. We enjoy laughing at each other far too much here, but we also have each other's back to an extent.

Last edited by Joekerr; 06-11-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Long as you don't go full singular man. Everyone knows you don't go full singular.

Edit: Hoping we were able to brighten your day a little - we've all been there and they can suck. Harden up troop, but only at work. We enjoy laughing at each other far too much here, but we also have each other's back to an extent.
You guys have honestly been the highlight of my day.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

What the hell is wrong with tuna casserole

Is this because you can't buy it in a bag or something?
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #37
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Just reading this, it seems like they are trying to get rid of you. No company would put an educated engineer in this situation, if they want to keep that person. And the "nothings changing from your boss, combined with the lack of upward mobility - why would you stay there?

Her real value to the company may be in getting rid of people they don't want to keep, but don't have the balls to fire or lay off. If they do either, they have to pay unemployment, whereas if you quit, they don't.

Look around within whatever industry you work in, and start interviewing with those companies. Don't expect them to relocate you (although they might) - figure that part out on your own. Be aggressive- the world awaits!!

Or, stay with her, and they will likely lay you off - beware....
Although your comments do have a considerable amount in credibility, I'm both saddened and delighted that this isn't the case. This place just happens to be this sideways. I spoke to the plant manager today and discussed the situation with him. He was very adamant about my staying with the company. There have been talks as of late about my position being shifted from this facility only to a company wide type situation but nothing is in stone. If I am to pull up my skin and stick it out, I too will have a job until I choose not to. Perhaps I may just have to stick it out here for a while longer. There will be changes coming soon as I have no intention in continuing my current situation at work or at home, but patience is key at the moment. I have a few loose ends to tie up with my home and then I look to sell it for profit and move altogether.
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2393.50
      06-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #38
KennySRFElite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 6mt CP

3.6% unemployment = everybody is looking for qualified people, especially engineers. Life is too short of sit next to a gossipy bitch in the same office. Don't walk, run.
KP
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
minn1913970.00
wdb4673.00
      06-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #39
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
What the hell is wrong with tuna casserole

Is this because you can't buy it in a bag or something?
I have nothing against tuna casserole. My flatulence needs no assistance.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #40
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have nothing against tuna casserole. My flatulence needs no assistance.

Momma is going to play bingo tonight so I am in charge of dinner. . . I now have an idea!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #41
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Momma is going to play bingo tonight so I am in charge of dinner. . . I now have an idea!!!!!!
perfect idea. now you will never have to make dinner again
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #42
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Included some diced tomato and jalapeño for Lups Boys had seconds AND said thank you
Attached Images

Lups11819.50
      06-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #43
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

This is why I am distrustful of people and cynical.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #44
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
This is why I am distrustful of people and cynical.
Because of tuna casserole

I'm pretty sure that's what this thread is about anyways....
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17880.00