2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M-Sport Front Bumper Conversion, Clearance Issue

10-06-2023, 04:56 AM   #1
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

M-Sport Front Bumper Conversion, Clearance Issue

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install back all the parts that are needed for an M-sport kit conversion on my car to make it as OEM as possible. The previous owner of my F10 had a front end accident and replaced the front bumper with an M-sport bumper (my car is luxury line) but didn't bother to install many parts behind the bumper. After I got the car, I replaced the rear bumper and side skirt to make the bodykit match as M-sport but now I wanted to finalize the conversion by installing the last few unseen parts to make it complete. I used realOEM to get the part numbers then bought most of the parts needed from BMW. All went smooth to install except one part:

- Mount, bumper, front, lower (51118037631)

This part has been touching the foglights on both sides for some reason and the bumper now cannot be fixed because of that. Unfortunately, I didnt take any photos yet but if anyone has done the conversion with this part installed any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 08:52 AM   #2
weshu
Registered
Rep
Drives: kia picanto

I have a 2017 330e (non-Msport), and I'm thinking about doing some M game increases, principally being the front guard. I know that F30's outfitted with the M game bundle are somewhat brought down, yet is the front guard itself any lower to the ground contrasted with the typical F30 guard? By and large, I will generally stop with my guard hanging only somewhat over the check, and I'm unfortunate that I would smack the control head-on while stopping with the new guard. Any assistance appreciated, Much obliged!

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by weshu; 10-08-2023 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 02:43 AM   #3
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

Update:

The workshop seemed to need to cut the lower carrier from both sides since it was hitting the foglights. A tech from a nearby BMW agency thinks that parts of the front frame of the non-M sport F10 is longer or shorter than the M sport model which creates these interferences. Another issue is I tried to install the foam that is behind the front bumper and it cannot be installed as it was pushing the bumper outward too far to be fitted.

Not sure if the tech's theory is true but from what I saw the bumper wasnt even close to fit with those 2 parts as they are. The lower carrier was modified by cutting the sides then it was ok but the foam seemed like would not allow the bumper to be installed at all so I removed it.
Appreciate 0