2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Road trip Vancouver to Las Vegas in my new F10!

04-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
ElyKhz
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 528i

Road trip Vancouver to Las Vegas in my new F10!

I just picked up my fully loaded 528i mid-March and was overall happy with it.

We went through all kinds of weather conditions crossing the states. The car handles fine under all kinds of road conditions - hard rain, blizzard, snow, strong cross wind, and of course dry road. When we first encountered the snow storm near Mt Baker we wanted to turn back because it was a rear wheel drive, but guess it was ok after all!! We drove 20 hour straight to Vegas which didn't felt that long.

The fuel economy was pretty good during the trip (maybe because we were mainly on freeways). We made it to Vegas with 3 and a half tanks of gas.

The car gave power when needed. Climbing mountains were not a porblem at all~(we were lucky enough not getting any tickets at all!!)

Before we headed off I was really worried about rocks chipping off the paint. But the paint was pretty strong.

One thing I was not all that happy was the navigation system. It had alot of mistakes and took us the long way around.

The Premium Sound System was pretty nice, but I perfer the Bose sound system offered by Audi.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
MrDit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

I believe Audi uses Bang and Olufsen stereo equipment, not Bose. At least in Canada that is what they offer on the S4 line.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyKhz View Post
Before we headed off I was really worried about rocks chipping off the paint. But the paint was pretty strong.
you obviously didn't get hit by any rocks then!

in my experience BMW paint...inc the F10/F11 is very soft and chips very easily, i've got a couple of chips on mine already.

probably only thing I would trade with for my wifes Audi Q5...the paint job.....after nearly 26K miles there's not a single chip on that thing and as you can imagine for an SUV that's a big front area to act as a target.

oh well....still love my BMW just wish it would be a bit more street tough
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

sweet...