2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Test Drive Today in the F10 in Chicago - Uber Awesome

05-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #45
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
I'm in trouble.

After 3 E39's and 2 E60's, I took an M3 sedan home for the weekend, fell in love and ended up keeping it. The car has perfect proportions. It is so smooth, so fast and handles so well the new 535 I drove last week felt like a boat. I'm not a big fan of the creased hood, either.

I thought I would drive an M car for a few years and get it out of my system, but now I'm hooked, I'm waiting on the new M5.
The E90 M3 has perfect proportions indeed, but IRL daily driving for me it lacks refinement/tranquility.It lacks low rev torque and I always need to go fast with that car which stresses me a bit(and my wife and 2 kids as well), also the fueltank is too small.....

I've had the car for almost 2 years now and I'm glad changing it for the F10 535i in about 2 weeks. Sure its more of a boat, but take a E90 M3 to the track(which I did a few times) and besides fantastic drifts and powerslides, the trackability after 3 to 5 laps is a lie. The brakes are supersh1t and the car is SO heavy your 4 tyres wear off like there is no tomorrow.

A M3 is too heavy to get the best of both worlds:Sportiness and luxury imo.

Better get a 130i (with a proper wwww.drexler.com diff) or save money for a Porsche 997 whatever.

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 05-27-2010 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #46
pharding
Major
Rep
Drives: 23 Audi Q4 e-tron + 14 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Some complimented Bangle for his design which resulted in divergent views. Seems like the f10 is garnering the same
Different people respond in different ways to new design. Some like a new design right away. Some take time to warm up to it. Some never do. People do so for variety of reasons, all valid.

IMO BMW is going to do really well with the F10 in adverse economic climate. Nothing beats a well designed, high quality product in the marketplace. People respond well to products that are well designed, well engineered, well manufactured, and priced right. The sheer scope of improvements, refinements, and changes in the F10 is amazing. It was redone completely from the ground up. One cannot help but admire the effort and commitment that BMW put into this car. I also admire BMW's response to global warming in the product line-up while delivering cars that are fun to drive. For those that are skeptical of global warming they get BMW cars that save money on the fuel costs. In my case I buy well designed from products from companies that I admire. I have the highest respect for BMW as a company. Plus I really enjoy doing European Delivery every 3 years.

BMW is not risk adverse. They definitely try new approaches and new ideas. BMW is rather amazing in being able to hit consist home runs with few missteps. I also admire their long view business perspective. American corporations take the short view and are driven by the unending greedy values of Wall Street with their unending demand for instant gratification and total lack of concern about the midterm and long term future of the company and products. Those values are clearly reflected in the products produced and the manner in which the consumer is treated. BMW does a great job in converting BMW Customers into long term BMW Enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #47
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

@ pharding ... well said