2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT Close encounter with another bimmer

08-27-2015, 11:20 PM   #1
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Close encounter with another bimmer

I apologize in advance if this will cause any controversy. If that is the case, Mods please delete...

I wanted to share my experience tonite while going north on Utopia Pkwy between union tpke and the LIE. This was my first encounter with real racism remarks and real hate... and to make it worse, this comes from a fellow BMW owner...

I will be the first to admit that I was driving aggressive as I as late but no way reckless. As I come to a red light, I noticed this nice debadge dark graphite 550 with some type of carbon fiber rear diffuser in front of me. So I said to myself, humm nice diffuser. He was first in line at the light and I was right behind him. When the light turned green we took off, i shifted to the right lane as he was taking his sweet time and I was in a rush. I was trying to catch the other green light so I was definitely pushing it. With my remus exhaust you can tell that Im accelerating aggressively.

The road curves a bit so I stayed in line and before getting to the next red light i switch over to the left lane. At this point, I wasnt paying attention to the other 5 series. When i come to a complete stop, he pulls up next to me with his windows down.. We are now both in front of the line with the red light... so i figured OK, he wants to chat so I rolled my window down as well.

This is where things turn for the worse. He goes ahead and tell me that I have a 535 and I should of not cut him off. He then goes on and say that "he has a 550 and his car is 30k more than my car" so at this point, I thought he was just joking around and being funny. I went ahead and just told him that Im ok and I have a JB4 so Im content with my car.

then he kept going on and on how his car was more expensive than mine and went to as far and said that 'this aint no asian crap.. this is german man!" At this point Im shocked and didnt know how to react. I dont know if he's a retard because I also drive a bmw.. and its german... I didnt have a good feeling about the situation so I started backing out of it.

When the light turned green he gunned it and tried to run me off the road.. so this is when i got pissed and just floored it to catch up. at this point, he was about one car length cuz he had a head start. he tried to pull away but he didnt go that far... he turned his flashers on like a damn retard like we were racing or something but I just wanted to catch up to him to tell him that he's an F*in retard and he is a disgrace to any BMW owners.

When we got to the next light. he was on the left most lane and he makes an illegal right turn, crossing two lane and on a solid red light. This is when I said to myself to just leave things alone. no harm no foul and nobody got hurt...

My point for share is two parts. First, that racism is real! I tried to avoid this kind of things but with all the stuff going on right now, i suppose its hard to avoid it. Second, I never thought that I would get this kind of reaction from another BMW owner.. let alone another 5-series owner.

I dont know who that guy is and if he is on this forums. All I can say is, karma is a bi@tch. You will get yours one day. He's lucky he didnt mess with a psycho guy in a 5 series tonite..

Sorry for the rant but I was in real shock tonite and still bothered by it.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #2
SleevedCoyote
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mustang GT

Dont let this one incident take you down, retards exist everywhere. Unfortunately in BMW's aswell.

Here in Europe i've experienced most BMW drivers being retards, followed by Benz drivers... People like the one you encountered are the reason BMW drivers have such a bad reputation.

"My car is 30k more than yours" hahaha deffinetely the most silly thing I've read today, what would he have said if you were driving an M5?

As always, money doesnt buy brains.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Wow...how do u have enough nerve to say something like that? That's just embarrassing! Better u be the bigger guy and just let him be.

"He goes ahead and tell me that I have a 535 and I should of not cut him off. He then goes on and say that "he has a 550 and his car is 30k more than my car"

"then he kept going on and on how his car was more expensive than mine and went to as far and said that 'this aint no asian crap.. this is german man!"

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 08-28-2015 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #4
SleevedCoyote
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Wow...how do u have enough nerve to say something like that? That's just embarrassing! Better u be the bigger guy and just let him be.

"He goes ahead and tell me that I have a 535 and I should of not cut him off. He then goes on and say that "he has a 550 and his car is 30k more than my car"

"then he kept going on and on how his car was more expensive than mine and went to as far and said that 'this aint no asian crap.. this is german man!"

HAHAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #5
///Msport
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M-Sport

That's so dumb. I have a 550 and anytime i see any another bimmer of any series with mods, I show love. I got the douche chills thinking about it. Lets kick his ass! .
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

That exactly right. I really thought he was joking around and be sarcastic so it didnt trigger to me to take the defensive side. it wasnt until he try to run me off the road when i felt he was really serious and the asian comment was real!

Fortunately, Ive meet some real good people on the road and on this forums so this one person could just hit a wall for all i care. I just hope nobody else encounters this douche!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #7
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamzoro View Post
Dont let this one incident take you down, retards exist everywhere. Unfortunately in BMW's aswell.

Here in Europe i've experienced most BMW drivers being retards, followed by Benz drivers... People like the one you encountered are the reason BMW drivers have such a bad reputation.

"My car is 30k more than yours" hahaha deffinetely the most silly thing I've read today, what would he have said if you were driving an M5?

As always, money doesnt buy brains.
Agree.. Thats what I told my sister, who was in the car with me at that time... Too much money and not enough brain.

now that i think about it, i was glad my two kids were NOT in the car with me that night...
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #8
bimmer722
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M-Sport

WoW...Sorry you had to experience something like that especially from a fellow bimmer owner. I'm sure he's on this board or another forum. Karma is a bitch and he will get his. I'm sure one of us will run into this fool sooner or later. There are not that many 550 running around these days from what I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #9
VinoFiveFiddy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 550ix

It's sad that people act that way. Anytime I see another modded Bimmer I always give a thumbs up because I know it's a fellow enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #10
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

what a idiot, that's around my neck of the woods. what he look like?

"this aint no Asian crap" wtf does that mean? I would take serious offense to that if someone said that to me. He would regret it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I chuckled reading this again!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #12
bigscore
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW G30 540i M Sport

Sounds to me that the OP may be trying to down play his initial road manners and problem pissed off the 550 driver with his traffic light aggressiveness which got out of hand. I feel like both of you guys were wrong.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #13
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscore View Post
Sounds to me that the OP may be trying to down play his initial road manners and problem pissed off the 550 driver with his traffic light aggressiveness which got out of hand. I feel like both of you guys were wrong.
hey bigscore, were you there?

I was perfectly honest with my initial post so I dont think that I down played my road manners. I clearly stated I was rushing and was not taking it easy when the light turned green.

I could care less what he was doing or what he was driving. The fact of the matter is that he didnt like the fact that a 535 got in front of his 550!! Why else would you start your insult with 'my car is a 550 and you got a 535' BS! Notice i said got in front, not cut him off. He was no way near me when i moved onto his lane.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #14
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Lol...if I was in your shoes I would have laughed my ass off after I realized he really meant what he said!
Appreciate 0