2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT Long Island Rim Repair Shop Recommendations?

05-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Long Island Rim Repair Shop Recommendations?

Anyone have any recommendations for rim repair shops – to fix bent rims – on Long Island? I'm in Hewlett, NY and somewhere on the south shore of Nassau County (or close to JFK Airport) would be great.

Also, anyone know the going rate for same per wheel? Are discounts common for multiple rims? How easily are bent rims fixed? And how long should the process take?

Any additional insight on same appreciated; never attempted same before.

Thanks!

Last edited by dbs600; 05-02-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Another Five Towns Member! Most here are going to say Al's Hubcaps in Mineola, but personally I was not happy with their work when I had them repair a wheel for me a few years ago. I had Pooor Freddies on Merrick Boulevard in Jamaica refinish a wheel for me recently and I was much happier with the result. Cost is about $150 per wheel depending on size and takes 1-2 days. If you go to Pooor Freddies ask for Junior, he runs the place.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Another Five Towns Member! Most here are going to say Al's Hubcaps in Mineola, but personally I was not happy with their work when I had them repair a wheel for me a few years ago. I had Pooor Freddies on Merrick Boulevard in Jamaica refinish a wheel for me recently and I was much happier with the result. Cost is about $150 per wheel depending on size and takes 1-2 days. If you go to Pooor Freddies ask for Junior, he runs the place.
Thanks for all this info; I'll look them up!

Otherwise, can't wait to spend time on AB / LB this summer!

Last edited by dbs600; 05-02-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

And anyone know if it’s absolutely necessary to re-paint a rim after it’s repaired for having been bent?

My rims are bent and I’d prefer them not to be re-painted, as I’m concerned for loss of the original color, shine, finish and overall look, and the potential for a compromised quality that will not last / will chip / pit, etc.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Yes, they can absolutely repair your rim without refinishing them. That is actually cheaper. Less than $100 each.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Any idea if this can be repaired without repainting (2014 Lexus IS350 AWD F Sport)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 07:06 PM   #7
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm about to deal with my first bent wheel on my BMW without having wheel and tire insurance. As previously mentioned, I live in Hewlett on Long Island.

The bend is on the inside at back of the wheel, so no painting or refinishing necessary, thankfully.

I visited two shops today: Elite in Plainview and Wheel-Fix-It in Freeport. Also called Long Island Rim Repair in Freeport last night. Al's Hubcaps is an absolute no go; experienced major run around there before.

Elite wants $80 for the wheel off of the car or $100 if I leave the car overnight, Wheel-Fix-It wants $75 and only accepts wheels off cars and Long Island Rim Repair wants $80 for the wheel off the car or $90 if I leave the car. Long Island Rim Repair also claims they can complete the work in 3 hours.

Anyone know which shops Rallye BMW or BMW of Freeport sublet wheel repair work to and how much either dealer charges for same? And anyone have any experience with any or all of the shops mentioned; any better than the others; quality of workmanship, customer service, etc.?

A friend recommended 212 Motoring in Brooklyn, but I believe they sublet the work just like the dealers do. I did, however, visit Phenomenal Vinyl today in Oceanside; seems like a legit operation that may give Detailing Dynamics of Mineola a run for the money, but DD remains king, no doubt.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
gtmassive75
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5,G20 M340,Infiniti Q50RS

I have seen Elite truck doing drop off at various auto body shops in Queens.
2020 G05 MSport 40i--Phytonic Blue Metallic/Vernasca Coffee Leather/Multi Contour SeatsTrim/Executive Package/MSport Brakes/Icon Adaptive Led HeadlightsW/Laserlight/Harman Kardon/Heated Front Seats Armrests & Steering
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
Neem320
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 528i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Anyone have any recommendations for rim repair shops – to fix bent rims – on Long Island? I'm in Hewlett, NY and somewhere on the south shore of Nassau County (or close to JFK Airport) would be great.

Also, anyone know the going rate for same per wheel? Are discounts common for multiple rims? How easily are bent rims fixed? And how long should the process take?

Any additional insight on same appreciated; never attempted same before.

Thanks!
I recommend Wheel fix it in Freeport. I've used them twice in the past and had a great experience. Pretty quick turn around.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #10
bimmer722
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm about to deal with my first bent wheel on my BMW without having wheel and tire insurance. As previously mentioned, I live in Hewlett on Long Island.

The bend is on the inside at back of the wheel, so no painting or refinishing necessary, thankfully.

I visited two shops today: Elite in Plainview and Wheel-Fix-It in Freeport. Also called Long Island Rim Repair in Freeport last night. Al's Hubcaps is an absolute no go; experienced major run around there before.

Elite wants $80 for the wheel off of the car or $100 if I leave the car overnight, Wheel-Fix-It wants $75 and only accepts wheels off cars and Long Island Rim Repair wants $80 for the wheel off the car or $90 if I leave the car. Long Island Rim Repair also claims they can complete the work in 3 hours.

Anyone know which shops Rallye BMW or BMW of Freeport sublet wheel repair work to and how much either dealer charges for same? And anyone have any experience with any or all of the shops mentioned; any better than the others; quality of workmanship, customer service, etc.?

A friend recommended 212 Motoring in Brooklyn, but I believe they sublet the work just like the dealers do. I did, however, visit Phenomenal Vinyl today in Oceanside; seems like a legit operation that may give Detailing Dynamics of Mineola a run for the money, but DD remains king, no doubt.

Thanks!
I went to Elite with a bent rim last year. I think they charged me $150 with the tire on. Gave them the rim and a couple of days later got the rim back but the color did not match. Gave them another rim for comparison got it resprayed and they still didn't match. I would up just buying a brand new rim. Lesson learned. I will never go to them again for anything. I've had problems with them in the past and figured it was a fluke. If you have regular plain OEM silver rims you'll be fine but anything else I would use someone else.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #11
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer722 View Post
I went to Elite with a bent rim last year. I think they charged me $150 with the tire on. Gave them the rim and a couple of days later got the rim back but the color did not match. Gave them another rim for comparison got it resprayed and they still didn't match. I would up just buying a brand new rim. Lesson learned. I will never go to them again for anything. I've had problems with them in the past and figured it was a fluke. If you have regular plain OEM silver rims you'll be fine but anything else I would use someone else.
Ditto on elite! They probably gave you the same shade as me. Was not totally happy with their work good thing I didn't pay for it. I might check out Als hubcap.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
Ross620
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

def elite rim repair they do a great job and pay cash for better deal