2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes General feedback - liking Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS RFT

10-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
faz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 x40i, 2018 330i F30

General feedback - liking Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS RFT

Hi everyone,

Just an FYI, in case it helps someone out there who is looking at options for replacement tires.

My 2011 535i is at around 34k miles now and needed fresh tires. Original tires were Continental ContiProContact, 100V rated, 245-45-18 size all around.

I wanted to stay with run flat tires as they have proven to be very convenient for us, especially since we have a couple of small kids in the car most of the time and changing a flat tire or waiting for AAA with kids in the car can become a pain.

There is a new Bridgestone driveguard RFT that is being sold and pushed by the shops (America's tire, wheel works, costco, etc.), but it was a lower priced tire and I wanted something a little higher performance.

I did some research and came across posts (various forums) of people who liked the Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position tires. I ended up getting them and I am very happy with them so far. Less noise and definitely more comfortable than the original Conti's, and have proven to be a lot more stable in turns (for example a nearby S turn on ramp that I usually take at a higher speed, the car feels a lot more planted at a comparable speed.)

Also, just a note, local America's Tire shop told me that their system doesn't even list this tire as a replacement tire since it was a 96W rated and that their system only showed 100 rated tires for this particular vehicle. My visit to Wheel Works shop (where I got the tires) and also a call to Tirerack, both confirmed that 96 rating was more than adequate for the 535i.

If you are looking at replacement tires and want to stay with RFT tires, you might want to look into Bridgestone 960AS . I like them so far.
Appreciate 0