2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Got my car coded Finally !

11-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
I had my car coded tonight, I posted awhile back for coding in Las Vegas but no one does coding here. Out of the blue this evening I get a pm from "OK" the coder from codemycar.com asking if I still need coding while he's in town for sema. I emailed him my number and met him down at the MGM hotel and he coded my car in the parking garage. I basically got everything 550reasons did plus I had the instrument cluster lights changed to white at night instead of Amber, and I also had it coded to remove the light warning if I changed to LED back up and turn signal lights. He codes unlimited options from his list for $140.00 which I thought was a good deal since the dvd in motion (from dvd in motion.com) is more than that by itself. He also does remote coding for the same price you just have to buy the cable, so if your not in an area where there's a coder this could be your only option. I'm kinda lucky because eventually everybody comes to Vegas for something.
AWESOME! nobody codes here in butt nowhere OHIO! you gonna make it out to SEMA? when i lived in San Diego i use to go every year.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #24
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
AWESOME! nobody codes here in butt nowhere OHIO! you gonna make it out to SEMA? when i lived in San Diego i use to go every year.
I used to go every year but it's gets old real quick, plus you can't buy anything.
If you want your car coded the guy who did mine can code yours remotely. It's easier than you think, he banged that shit out in like 20mins. We spent more time talking about cars than the coding. I'm meeting him again tomorrow I'm having him change my instrument cluster lights back to Amber at night, the white is too bright and kills your eyes. The dude is cool and knows his shit.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #25
exia_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP MW/SO

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I used to go every year but it's gets old real quick, plus you can't buy anything.
If you want your car coded the guy who did mine can code yours remotely. It's easier than you think, he banged that shit out in like 20mins. We spent more time talking about cars than the coding. I'm meeting him again tomorrow I'm having him change my instrument cluster lights back to Amber at night, the white is too bright and kills your eyes. The dude is cool and knows his shit.
can you PM contact info if he is on the forum and cost? will it work on a mac laptop?

@drivingwithbenny
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #26
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Here is his info and yes it will work with a Mac, He used a Mac to code my car. He's super easy to deal with and a very nice dude, just give him a call or email him. He is not in this forum or any other.

CodeMyCar​​.Com
(585) 496-4648
www.codemycar.com
www.facebook.com/codemycar
www.youtube.com/codemycar
​​Instagram: @codemycar​

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 11-21-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #27
DutchM550d
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW M550d G30

Garage List
Quote:
plus I had the instrument cluster lights changed to white at night instead of Amber
Any pics you could share of this? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #28
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral5 View Post
Any pics you could share of this? Thanks
Sorry man, I had the coder change it back the next day, but basically I had it coded so at night the instrument cluster lights stayed white instead of changing to Amber. But for some reason you can't dim the lights any more with this coded and they were way too bright and would start to strain your eyes while driving at night time. But I have another plan to make this work and be able to dim the lights, I'm going to install a white LED on a switch next to the light sensor so I can trick the car into thinking its day time at night so I can get the white lights in the cluster and be able to dim them. I'm not sure if this will work but if it does I can turn off the LED and have the cluster lights work like normal when ever I want.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #29
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I can code F10s remotely if anybody is interested for less. Difference is I'll guide you/teach you through every step of the process so you can turn on/off options, unlimited on you own forever!

PM me.
Appreciate 0