2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Rant!!

05-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Rant!!

Ok so I ordered Forgestar f14 through this wheel shop here in S Cal. Only because my brother is a good friends with the owner which is the guy I ordered from.. Anyhow 2 1/2 months later which is today they arrive. I was so exited like a little kid I couldn't wait to get them installed. I went there first thing this morning only to find the wrong wheel was ordered. They ordered Deep Concave instead of the Super Deep Concave. wtf

Ok this is how it all started. On Feb14 I went in the shop to order a Set of 20" Forgestar in Burst Bronze from the owner. After I left the shop I called him about 15minutes later while I was driving home. I told him that I just wanted to make sure that he orders the Super Deep Concave. He said sure no problem. The next day I called forgestar to see if they had Matted Bronze instead of Burst Bronze. They said they had textured Bronze which is close to Matted Bronze. Ok I called the owner and ask him to change it to Textured Bronze instead of Burst. Ok no problem he say.
2 1/2 months later is totally different story. He ordered Deep Concave not Super Deep. He started making up story saying they don't make Super Deep for my car only Deep. I told him I just got of the phone with Ace his name from Forgestar. They told me Super Deep is not a problem. And then he tells me I never told him I wanted Super Deep. I ask him you honestly telling me I never called you. He then said you called so many times he don't remember. Wait a minute I only call you twice I told him. First time was only 15min after I place the order and the second time was the next day. After that you didn't hear from me till 2 1/2 months later!!

He's still denying I ask for Super Concave but now he's asking me to split the cost to order the right wheels!! Now I'm thinking face I have to wait another 2 1/2 months.. Wow I'm so freaken

Last edited by Black5; 05-28-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Kick his ass & don't split the cost.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
Trust me I almost did. I smashed my Samsung phone on his desk and had him up against the wall. I admit I have a bad temper but I've learned to control it most of the time. Now I'm back to my old iPhone 4s
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #4
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

Did you not get an order CONFORMATION in writing

Verbal instructions often = trouble. This is a prime example.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Corps View Post
Did you not get an order CONFORMATION in writing

Verbal instructions often = trouble. This is a prime example.
Thats the thing and why I called him right a way because recite didn't say. After not seeing anything on the recite I called him right a way to make sure its Super Concave. He said yeah of coarse as if thats a no brainer. Honestly after I called and hung up I felt relieve that I called. Fack Me!! lol
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

This stuff happens essentially because it's not in writing. The lesson here is - get it in writing ALWAYS. If it's not in writing, it doesn't exist, and you're into a "he said, she said" argument... which, if it went to a small claims court, you'd likely lose - no evidence to back your claim.

All of that said - sorry to hear about your troubles. I think most of us have been there at one time or another with this kind of experience, and it's a real pain. Whatever you do, don't add to your problems by losing your cool with the guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
slownfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
love this guy
Appreciate 0