2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Finally got around to washing her!!

07-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Well I'm planning on having the car coated with a ceramic coating (c) so before the detail shop does that they will do a proper paint correction.

Also you can usually remove the spots using vinegar/water mixture.

The car spent its first 2 years in bend Oregon exposed to all 4 seasons.

Not sure if the previous owner did much to protect it, and it was prepped by the dealer I bought it from. So while the paint isn't too bad, it could still use a good polish!
what are they charging you?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #24
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
what are they charging you?
so i'm looking at 2 products

1) cs2 - ceramic - they give a 4 year warranty and only requires yearly touchups/reloads. $800 by normal detail shop, that includes a full paint correction (clay/polish etc) as well as interior cleaning (leather cleaner/conditioner) and shampoo rugs. Major plus point is these guys are a reputable detail shop, and the only one that washes/details my cars (except for me) and they also have alot of high end clientele, as they are the best in the south bay (from my experience)

2) cquartz pro - i have yet to speak with the detailer however he is farther away and needs the car 2 days, friend of mine got this done and he loves it, however he needs to reload it once every 2-3 months assume it'd be similar price.

Basically the 1st product they guarantee that you don't have to seal the car for 4 yrs. and it makes cleaning the car easier (most bird crap/road grime/and other crap) can be removed with an electric power washer and foam cannon. buddy of mine has had good luck with the 2nd one.

there's quite a few youtube videos on this, and the technology is changing fairly quickly....

Last edited by xxpanipuri; 07-09-2016 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0