2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications N63 Help Please

11-09-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

N63 Help Please

Have basically rebuilt this car from the ground up. Care package. Turbos, coolant lines. Intake systems is custom(really can hear the dv)....
The car has video in motion. Coded the mirrors the trunk and a bunch of nice features. The oil flushed regularly and coolant flushed as well. Overall maintenance has been improved and performance by a million percent.
CPo warranty covered new intake manifolds and throttle body, spark plugs and injectors and just about everything I? can think of.
New tires and front breaks. (Hopefully replacing the tears soon but considering a conversion to bigger better breaking)

I? drive like a ******* and I? admit it. I? get terrible mpg because I? can admit I drive hard and fast and drift like a mad man. Hell I? have had 5 rear tires in 45 days.
This is why I? keep up the maintenance so rigorously because I? know it's important. But I? also know il be changing cars before my 100k warranty.

I? am suddenly having a problem though that's confusing me. And I? need some help.
The other night I? was doing about 130 and passed a car and made a quick move to an exit ramp....
The de acceleration was significant but not the most that I have ever performed and then made a hard bank to the right . About 300 feet after the turn I? suddenly went into drivetrain malfunction and had an issue.

Since then my symptoms are as follows.
Normal Cold Starts,'followed by misfires and severe shaking and drivetrain malfunction.
Car seems to run perfect for the initial period of 1500 rpms, then it drops to 750'rpms and continues to run smooth, one minute later , dips to 500 with significant misfire and shaking. Then will die and not start for about ten minutes

I? feel fuel pumps wouldn't be the cause because cold start would be a Problem and issues starting, not suddenly after lowering to normal rpm.
I? don't think it's electrical because I? have searched every fuse and harness and haven't found any significant issue or sign in there as well.
No intake signs of vacuum leaks? But will be checking a 100% tomorrow with daylight because it rained out today.

Thanks in advance for reading and any HELPFUL input provided or information/tips!
Cheers!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

What is your current miles? When were plugs last changed? Were coils ever changed?
MAFs are clean?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

pictures of the intake?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep

Now I've been having trouble keeping the battery even charged enough to run diagnostics.
It's suddenly given me no power at all.
It's as if my whole car has lost power completely and no battery attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
What is your current miles? When were plugs last changed? Were coils ever changed?
MAFs are clean?
Quote:
MAFs are clean?
Plugs were changed within the last 10k. Mileage is 70k and not sure on coils.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creynolds View Post
Quote:
MAFs are clean?
Quote:
MAFs are clean?
Plugs were changed within the last 10k. Mileage is 70k and not sure on coils.
Some more shots
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 550i xdrive

had the same issue once. turned out to be the default gateway shorted out. BMW revised the part. my original had a metal case on it and the new one has a plastic case. I got an updated one from a junk yard and used inpa+ to reprogram my whole car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #8
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarley View Post
had the same issue once. turned out to be the default gateway shorted out. BMW revised the part. my original had a metal case on it and the new one has a plastic case. I got an updated one from a junk yard and used inpa+ to reprogram my whole car.
i would try to do what he said 1st
      11-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #9
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
Quote:
Speaking through pm ... I? am very thankful already for the info given . I? always learn so much interacting with members on here. Locally people look at me like I'm crazy at the idea of working on a BMW. Don't get me wrong I? appreciate the engineering and don't think I'm immune to mistakes. But I'm still gonna try
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #10
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creynolds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
Quote:
Speaking through pm ... I? am very thankful already for the info given . I? always learn so much interacting with members on here. Locally people look at me like I'm crazy at the idea of working on a BMW. Don't get me wrong I? appreciate the engineering and don't think I'm immune to mistakes. But I'm still gonna try
So far I've gotten only a misfire reading now with cylinder 6...
Only happens after coldstart and much more obvious once in drive
Appreciate 0