2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA dealer margins different per province?? 535xi

05-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
joey5622
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 535xi

dealer margins different per province?? 535xi

I keep on reading online (mostly from toronto people) that bmw dealers are making about 10% per vehicle and that us buyers should be able to get 8% discount on the car.

I live in vancouver bc and my dealers keep on telling me otherwise.. i'm hardly able to get 6% discount.. they keep on telling me that they're only making about 8% on the car..

Is this because prices/mark ups are different per province or am i just getting played by the people in bc?

anyone leasing a 535xi with tech, premium and sport care to share their lease details with me? i'm being offered 5000 discount and 817.38 per month on a 48 month 80000km lease and $15,880.70 due at signing...

i would really want to be able to decrease the initial down of 12k to about 10k and have monthly to be bellow 800.. one dealer was giving me hope then suddenly changed what we were talking about..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

You are simply being played by your dealers in GVA. Just order up a Car Cost Canada report and see for yourself that the base 535xi have a margin of around 9.9% and the options have a margin of 10%. The dealer cost is set by BMW Canada and they would and should not have a different cost structure from one province to the next, that would mean (illegal) price discrimination to regional dealers as one will say.

It does sound you have made a bit of progress from the last thread of $4000 off about one month ago to NOW $5000. If you get get to the $5500 level, maybe you should settle or you can suggest to the dealer that throwing in additional warranty like 'excessive wear & tear' and 'tires & rims warranty', even though you are just leasing. At least the potential of being out of pocket costs are fully covered down the road.

I just feel there are simply not enough direct competition in your home province, thus resulted in such unfavourable dealing. Actually, you are in similar situation where another blogger from Ottawa, Ontario did not get as a good deal as us in GTA. Due to lack of competition, he also got less than 6% off (but this happened a few months ago)

I am sure you have read my blog from another thread that after advising one blogger early in May of the 8% discount, he walked in to a BMW Mississauga and got the deal done within an hour. No going back & forth. Painless process.

Right now, if you are getting the deal done for a MY2011, you are definitely looking at a 1 year old car. I would suggest you should compare what discount you could get off for a MY2012 to see which is worth your money. Although, you will have to factor in higher leasing rate, possible price increase, etc. The upside would be the depreciation will not take effect for a MY2012 whereas the MY2011 would have depreciated by 1 year already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey5622 View Post
I keep on reading online (mostly from toronto people) that bmw dealers are making about 10% per vehicle and that us buyers should be able to get 8% discount on the car.

I live in vancouver bc and my dealers keep on telling me otherwise.. i'm hardly able to get 6% discount.. they keep on telling me that they're only making about 8% on the car..

Is this because prices/mark ups are different per province or am i just getting played by the people in bc?

anyone leasing a 535xi with tech, premium and sport care to share their lease details with me? i'm being offered 5000 discount and 817.38 per month on a 48 month 80000km lease and $15,880.70 due at signing...

i would really want to be able to decrease the initial down of 12k to about 10k and have monthly to be bellow 800.. one dealer was giving me hope then suddenly changed what we were talking about..

Last edited by bobblehead; 05-29-2011 at 06:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

try to avoid putting any money down, just put them in the bank and pay higher monthly...
Appreciate 0