2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Weird Electrical Issue 2012 528i xDrive

03-13-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
artbugman
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i Xdrive

Weird Electrical Issue 2012 528i xDrive

I have a weird electrical issue that has been going on for a few years. I've taken it to the local BMW Dealership as well as 2 import shops that specialize in BMW's. I've replaced the battery, the footwell module, and a battery cable to no avail. When the interior temperature of the car is considerably hot, the car will start, the windshield wipers will activate, but most of the other electrical components will not work, and the car will slowly die down until it cannot restart. I then have to wait for the car to cool down to be able to start it again. Also, there are times when the car will start fine, then almost all of the dashboard lights are on, and the car then gives several maintenance warnings. When this issue happens and it is checked using a diagnostic machine, there are so many codes firing that it is almost impossible to tell what the problem is. I have a feeling that there is something happening inside the dashboard afa the part that malfunctions when the interior of the car gets too hot. I don't want to get rid of it as I paid cash for it, but I'm really at a loss as to how to move forward. I have a this video link and photos attached as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbugman View Post
..... the windshield wipers will activate, but most of the other electrical components will not work....
Willing to elaborate on what "electrical components will not work"?

I'm certain it's really a list of "functions" you will provide.....but without additional information, I'd suspect that a ground node may be an issue, and if you provide a list of "functions" that stop working, then it may help point to the "common" ground junction....but this is just a hunch.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0