2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Metadata not syncing over bluetooth

10-19-2023, 05:21 PM   #1
Matt2408
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Metadata not syncing over bluetooth

So just got a 2014 535i and first thing I noticed was the music would cut out, maybe when I got a notification or something. It would start cutting out and then sounded like it was sped up to catch up to the correct time stamp of the song, hope that makes sense. I checked and I had an idrive update available. I was running Media: MN-002.038.015 and Tel: TN-002.038.015 so I downloaded the update, UPD05074 which updated it to HN-002.039.071 and
TN-002.039.070 it also added a "add-on" HN-002.255.073. This has eliminated the cutting out and even when notifications are received it just briefly mutes the song. When playing through external device it correctly identifies "youtube" or "spotify".

Now it would sometimes load up the first song and artist and album art but it would stay on that. Same on the HUD, also wouldn't update. The thing is even if it doesn't show any song name or artist I can still use the HUD and steering wheel controls to skip a track, it just wouldn't update. Regular FM radio is fine. I have a 13 pro max but after the update I got an android phone and when playing YouTube it would update on the idrive as to what song is playing. This seems like it's an issue is with my phone. I'm running the latest ios update and app versions. It's been a couple month but in the X5 it worked no issues, it might have gotten stuck on the song if I switched from youtube to spotify and vice versa without closing the other app, I simple turn bluetooth off and back on would work but not sure why not here. Maybe since then and ios update changed something, or could it be that my F10 is a 2014 and the X5 is a 2015? Any ideas? Anyone has this happening?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
I had this issue a while back and I ended up retrofitting an NBT EVO head unit so I would have OEM CarPlay capabilities to correct this as well as let me use Apple Maps navigation through the screen. I haven’t tried to use the standard media since install.

From my research when this started to happen it appeared to be some kind of issue with a the iOS version not communicating well with the original NBT head unit.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a solution other than a complete retrofit or aftermarket head unit.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 05:13 PM   #3
Matt2408
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
I had this issue a while back and I ended up retrofitting an NBT EVO head unit so I would have OEM CarPlay capabilities to correct this as well as let me use Apple Maps navigation through the screen. I haven’t tried to use the standard media since install.

From my research when this started to happen it appeared to be some kind of issue with a the iOS version not communicating well with the original NBT head unit.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a solution other than a complete retrofit or aftermarket head unit.
I went into the X5 today and it's running 003.009.004 and it worked fine with ios 16, probably would be fine now. I saw others had update 5081 but when I check by my vin it only gives me 5074. I might stop by the dealer next week and see what they could do. I read somewhere that a full system update is like $200-250 but maybe they could let me get the update 5081 for free from them because it's just not showing on the update website.
Appreciate 0