2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications M5 exhaust to 535i

01-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
T-Man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M Sport

M5 exhaust to 535i

Very interested in adding a stock M5 exhaust to my 535i M Sport. My main concern is adding an exhaust thats has been tuned to a M5 engine to my 535 motor. I'm not happy with the cars rear end look and that is the reasoning to the switch, but I do not want to loose any performance to my car. Over the weekend I meet with Lacster to check out his exhaust since he is running the M5 exhaust with basically the same car other then the M Sport and Sport transmission package. His exhaust sounded good, but seemed like mine sounded just as good if not better and mine is stock. So with that being said:
Are these exhaust tuned for each individual motor and would installing a M5 exhaust on a 535 actually hurt what has already been designed to work from BMW?
Any information on this would greatly be appreciated. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

No exhaust are not tuned. If you're only going axle back not much will matter. When you start going cat back that's when things start getting a little more engine specific. And if you're going to get an exhaust... Get an actual cayback exhaust instead of just a muffler replacement you get with an axle back..
If you're going to get an exhaust I'd suggest the vorstiener set up.. That thing sounds nice.
Appreciate 0