2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Desperation/Colour choice/Bluestone Metallic

03-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e iPerformance MSport

Desperation/Colour choice/Bluestone Metallic

The deadline for making my colour choice on my 530e M Sport is next week. Iīm trying to stay away from black ( have had too many ). Bluestone looks stunning in some photos, but for lack of a better description, a bit "bleak" in others. Photos lie, so I would really like to hear from anyone who has seen this colour in the flesh. Not to offend anyone, but I really donīt want a light blue Bimmer!

Any observations/opinions welcome :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Are you getting a G30? If so, all the pictures I"ve seen the car is basically silver with a light blue tint. I think it's a great color.
      03-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu550 View Post
Are you getting a G30? If so, all the pictures I"ve seen the car is basically silver with a light blue tint. I think it's a great color.
Thanks. Yes, G30. I actually saw it briefly in a showroom under artificial light. Nice and crisp.Looks good on the official BMW add also, but not so "stunning" under cloudy, wet and dirty northern European conditions from what I have seen on YouTube... , but then what colour does ;-)
Appreciate 1
The_M6248.00
      03-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

the bluestone metallic is really nice..

what interior colour do you want to get with this exterior? the brown cognac dakota perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6IX View Post
the bluestone metallic is really nice..

what interior colour do you want to get with this exterior? the brown cognac dakota perhaps?
I have only seen it with ivory interior. Nice, but not very masculine....? Do you think Cognac is a good match? I have only seen Cognac with Sapphire Black. Very elegant.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerwalze View Post
I have only seen it with ivory interior. Nice, but not very masculine....? Do you think Cognac is a good match? I have only seen Cognac with Sapphire Black. Very elegant.
gray with brown leather is a pretty well known combo. it's going to look very nice together.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
gray with brown leather is a pretty well known combo. it's going to look very nice together.
Mocha or Cognac ?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Mocha or Cognac ?
that is up to you. personally, I like the tone/colour of mocha better and that is probably what I would pick.

just keep in mind that the mocha leather is nappa and the cognac is dakota.

the nappa is smoother and higher quality, but it more subject to long term wear because it is thinner and less durable then dakota.

be prepared to take good care of the leather and clean/condition it often if you go with the nappa choice. I personally have venetian beige dakota leather in my 2011 5 series and it holds up well over the long run.

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
that is up to you. personally, I like the tone/colour of mocha better and that is probably what I would pick.

just keep in mind that the mocha leather is nappa and the cognac is dakota.

the nappa is smoother and higher quality, but it more subject to long term wear because it is thinner and less durable then dakota.

be prepared to take good care of the leather and clean/condition it often if you go with the nappa choice. I personally have venetian beige dakota leather in my 2011 5 series and it holds up well over the long run.

good luck!
Appreciate your advice. Luxury problems;-) Have some hard decisions to make over the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate your advice. Luxury problems;-) Have some hard decisions to make over the weekend!
in all honesty, ordering colours with bmw isnt that difficult.

its either white, gray, black, or a slightly lighter shade of black.. literally.

you wont be dissapointed with gray on brown. it will look gorgeous. be sure to look at lots of pictures online to help you decide - the pictures do not have to be purely BMW G30.. be sure to broaden your search.

I reccomend also visiting some BMW dealers to see in person and once again, good luck with your decision! let us know what you pick.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #11
Feuerwalze
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
in all honesty, ordering colours with bmw isnt that difficult.

its either white, gray, black, or a slightly lighter shade of black.. literally.

you wont be dissapointed with gray on brown. it will look gorgeous. be sure to look at lots of pictures online to help you decide - the pictures do not have to be purely BMW G30.. be sure to broaden your search.

I reccomend also visiting some BMW dealers to see in person and once again, good luck with your decision! let us know what you pick.
Thanks for the advice. Yesterday we ( my wife is in on this !) settled on Bluestone Metallic on Ivory. Thought it was settled... . Back to the drawing board! Cheers :-)

Last edited by Feuerwalze; 03-11-2017 at 02:51 AM..
Appreciate 0