2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK New member here

12-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

New member here

Hello all!

Just a quick introduction.

Been browsing the site on and off since 2008, started when I bought my Z4. I didn't start visiting the site properly till 2013 when I got my f10. Still only as a guest I would visit but recently have been wanting to register and I did so today.

Looking forward to contributing on here the best I can and really enjoying the community feel.

Many thanks
Appreciate 1
The_M6248.00
      12-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
F10ARNOLD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white F10 535i MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp123 View Post

Hello all!

Been browsing the site on and off since 2008, started when I bought my Z4. I didn't start visiting the site properly till 2013 when I got my f10. Still only as a guest I would visit but recently have been wanting to register and I did so today.

Looking forward to contributing on here the best I can and really enjoying the community feel.

Many thanks
Welcome!!!!
Let's see a pic of what you got!!!
Appreciate 1
The_M6248.00
      12-13-2016, 02:18 AM   #3
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10ARNOLD View Post
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome!!!!
Hi f10arnold

Thanks for asking

These are the pictures I took the week I got it. I took them with no plates on as I've always liked the true look of the car.

Sp123
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 02:24 AM   #4
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome!!!!
Hi f10arnold

Thanks for asking

These are the pictures I took the week I got it. I took them with no plates on as I've always liked the true look of the car.

Sp123
It's a

520d M Sport
Alpine White

Pro Nav
Xenons
Reverse Camera
Powered Bootlid Operation
M Sport Suspension Deletion
Sports Automatic with Paddle Shift
Black Leather

Really loving the car as well suited to family life and personal driving pleasure.

It's got 36,000 on it, plan is to keep it till the wheels falls off lol
Attached Images

F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 1
The_M6248.00
      12-13-2016, 02:44 AM   #5
F10ARNOLD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white F10 535i MSPORT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome!!!!
Hi f10arnold

Thanks for asking

Sp123
It's a

520d M Sport
Alpine White

Pro Nav
Xenons
Reverse Camera
Black Leather

Really loving the car as well suited to family life and personal driving pleasure.

Nice.. looked like mine almost when I got mine last month...
M SPORT
Mod time!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #6
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome to the forum.

my first F10 was much the same as yours and I also deleted the msport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon4499 View Post
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome to the forum.

my first F10 was much the same as yours and I also deleted the msport suspension.
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply!

I find that ride quality is very smooth with the run flats and the suspension deletion esp useful when the kids are sleeping in the back during motorway journeys, however friends tell me the m sport suspension would be a better drive - I have not experienced this car with the sport suspension. Did you order yours with the deletion from new? Also what is your finding with this setup.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

Nice motor... Welcome
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 04:12 PM   #9
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome!!!!
Hi f10arnold

Thanks for asking

Sp123
It's a

520d M Sport
Alpine White

Pro Nav
Xenons
Reverse Camera
Black Leather

Nice.. looked like mine almost when I got mine last month...
M SPORT
Mod time!!!!!!
Hi f10arnold

I have always wanted to do some mods. Small
To start with and then build up, but honestly don't know where or what to start with. Clean and oem look as close as possible is tasteful but adventurous is living.

I do know that is an addictive game and once starting it's difficult to stop.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
Nice motor... Welcome
Thanks changed

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 02:49 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome
      12-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #12
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

Quote:
Hi Gordon

Thanks for your reply!

I find that ride quality is very smooth with the run flats and the suspension deletion esp useful when the kids are sleeping in the back during motorway journeys, however friends tell me the m sport suspension would be a better drive - I have not experienced this car with the sport suspension. Did you order yours with the deletion from new? Also what is your finding with this setup.

Thanks
Hi SP,

Yes i ordered my 530 with the Msport suspension removed as the car I tested was to firm a ride for me. However, your friends are correct the cars handling suffers as a result. My days of tearing around country roads are behind me but i decided to go for VDC on the 535. This was really to improve the ride quality and also help when I am towing.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply

Yes I think VDC is the way forward now and many manufacturers are going this way. The ride quality is best with VDC especially on our roads.

Like yourself i have put those days behind me hence very much appreciate the suspension deletion.

Loving your new motor by the way. Excellent choice!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #14
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:

Hello all!

Many thanks
Welcome
Hi John

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Big fan of the deal you got on your moonstone blue 5! Pictures of it show it's a very rare car with the ultra high spec! Well done for getting that deal and car!
Hope to be of help on the forums and assist the best I can!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
Russ200
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i

hello and welcome from another alpine white owner enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 04:55 AM   #16
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi John

Big fan of the deal you got on your moonstone blue 5! Pictures of it show it's a very rare car with the ultra high spec! Well done for getting that deal and car!
Have a good time over Xmas, I'm off to EGYPT.
      12-16-2016, 05:13 PM   #17
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ200 View Post
hello and welcome from another alpine white owner enjoy.
Hi Russ

Thanks fellow alpine white owner!

Do you have any pictures of your car and details?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #18
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:
Hi John

Have a good time over Xmas, I'm off to EGYPT.
Hi John

Have a fab time

I've been to Sharm before and it was a really nice holiday. The seafood was amazing and still haven't had seafood to that taste anywhere else.

Have a great time!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:36 AM   #19
Mikey0423
Rep
Drives: BMW G31

Hi, looks nice, I've just got myself a Christmas pressie f10 m sport in alpine white, looking around they seen to be quite popular in white never really noticed it before.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 06:14 AM   #20
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi John

Have a fab time

I've been to Sharm before and it was a really nice holiday. The seafood was amazing and still haven't had seafood to that taste anywhere else.

Have a great time!
Cheers I am going to Hurghada ,Sunrise Select Garden Beach hotel.
Been going there for 10 years ever Xmas/New year.
Keep well.
      12-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #21
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey0423 View Post
Hi, looks nice, I've just got myself a Christmas pressie f10 m sport in alpine white, looking around they seen to be quite popular in white never really noticed it before.
Hi Mickey

Wonderful Xmas pressie

Bet your loving the new motor

Any pics and details of your car
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #22
Russ200
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i

Hi I have a pre lci 535d I have dechromed and changed the wheels that's prob about all I'm going to do to be fair. It has the pro nav with the larger screen reverse camera enhanced Bluetooth and soft close doors prob moe I can't remember.

[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...a/image_2.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tha/image.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...4F79CB1596.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0