2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Help! My Trunk Will Not Auto Open Or Close.. How To Reprogram Trunk?

09-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
jmigu004
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330CI

Help! My Trunk Will Not Auto Open Or Close.. How To Reprogram Trunk?

Hi. I have a 2011 535i and I recently backed up and hit a tree which put a huge dent on my trunk... yes I know I have a camera and sensors but i really didnt pay any attention to any of that lol. So I bought a new trunk directly from the dealer and I did the switch myself.

Everything came out perfect except for the fact that now the trunk needs to be reprogrammed. I can manually open and close it but now it wont do i automatically. I've tried pressing the buttons for the trunk on the key, trunk and inside the car a couple seconds each and nothing. I've searched everywhere on how to reprogram the automatic opening and closing of the trunk and haven't had any luck. Anyone have any idea on how to do this?

And the other problem I have is that the driver side trunk light (the one that looks like a brake light and has the reverse lights) doesnt work. I tried plugging them on opposites side and it works so my guess is something is up with the driver side. Im not sure if this problem has anything to do with the trunk not being programmed to auto open and close.

Please help!! Im fustrated!
Appreciate 0