2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Getting a 2013 535i-WITHOUT the Premium Package (Comfort Access System) - Is that OK?

07-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
faz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 x40i, 2018 330i F30

I looked for a manual car and choices were limited (didn't want to order), hence had to live with a car off of the lot with no CA. It does have a small ashtray that I can put the key fob in, but I don't like it sitting there loose. Even with the cup holders, I don't know how I would feel about leaving a $300 electronic key next to a full cup of coffee.

I just don't see having no place to plugin your key (in the normal area next to steering column) as an 'improvement', especially if you have to take the key out and have it in your hand to open the door anyway. Sometimes BMW does things that don't make sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #24
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitrasetMan View Post
So, I spoke to my dealer, and my rep told me that: (1) power folding mirrors, (2) universal garage door opener, and (3) the keyless engine start/stop, all will come standard on my 2013 535i, WITHOUT the premium package.

Does everyone here agree as to the accuracy of that statement?

Since I am buying the car, I really don't feel like spending $1,500 for CA (when I will be using the key fob anyhow), Sirius which I won't use, and a slow moving power tailgate. Those are my thoughts.

I WILL BE getting the Technology Package and the Driver Assistance Package - those I need.
Well, I don't mind keeping the fob in my pocket while I drive the car. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to put the key specifically somewhere in order to drive the car. So that settles that.

Not hearing from any of you on the other points, and listening to my dealer, I will assume that the power folding mirrors and universal garage door opener will also come with the car without the Premium Package. Hey, I am buying the car, and $1,500 is $1,500.
Appreciate 0