2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Phonebook missing contacts.

07-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Phonebook missing contacts.

Hi,
I picked up my 6 month old F11 530d M-Sport on Friday and absolutely love the car but I'm having major issues with the phone book which I cant seem to sort out.
I have synced my phone (HTC Sensation) fine to the car but in the phone book a lot of the contacts don't show up. Now if I go into Office it shows all of the contacts there but when looking through the phone book its like they don't have a phone number so it doesn't display them. When dialing my brother for instance manually it will shows his name in the last calls page so it knows who the number belongs to but still doesn't display his name in the phone book.
I have been through my phone book on the phone and in gmail to make sure the contacts look the same and clean it up but I have got no further with displaying all the names/numbers. On my E61 I never had any such trouble and the phone synced first time always with all contacts shown.
Anyone got any ideas what the issue could be?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Mobileum
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F10

If you haven't tried it, deactivate and remove the phone from the phone list in the car. Remove the BMW from the Bluetooth list on the phone. Then make a new connection.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. I have tried that several times after changing different settings. I have been trying different things all night including renaming the phone, changing advanced settings on both the phone and cars bluetooth, editing contacts in google before syncing back to the phone, de-linking facebook accounts and pictures and I'm still no closer to getting the phone book to sync correctly. I have roughly 30% of my phone book numbers that sync with the car and nothing I've tried changes that. Its always the same ones that sync correctly.

I've found loads of threads about CIC iDrive not syncing phone books correctly but no fixes yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep

Right just thought I'd post my fix for this as I've seen loads of threads on it but no fixes. It seems that when adding contacts google doesnt always put all the details for a contact into one contacts data. So althought the phone looks like all the details are stored as one contact they are not. The fix was to go into the google account and merge the multiple contacts. The phone will still not work properly even after syncing but once its fully wiped and resynced the contacts all appear fine on iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
mroll320
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d

I'be got the same issue's. Just got a 530d msport and can't sync my HTC Sensation (xe)!
Would love to see if this sorts it, look forward to updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep

Let me know if it fixes it for you too then.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 01:17 PM   #7
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
I had an issue when I first bought my car in 2015 in that it would not import contacts from my phone. I resolved that by ensuring that my contacts on my Android phone were sourced from a single account: my google contacts. See settings in the Contacts app in order to ensure that you are not mixing contacts from multiple accounts as well as phone/sim contacts.

All was fine until a few days ago when my contacts failed to import into the Bluetooth phonebook of the car. I scoured the forums for helpful information and did not find a solution. However I discovered that a few of my recent WhatsApp contacts that had been imported into my Google Contact account had emojis as their surnames. I deleted these emojis and the car immediately imported my whole contacts list.

I hope this helps someone.
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0