2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 - N63,N63TU intake system

05-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #199
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
There is a thread about this, and lets keep this one on topic.
Could you link me? I am only curious because I would think I started them on that path. When i spoke to the operations manager of new developments he was adamant about not producing anything because of the complexity of the OEM intake. I would be curious to ask him why they have changed their minds.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #200
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
Could you link me? I am only curious because I would think I started them on that path. When i spoke to the operations manager of new developments he was adamant about not producing anything because of the complexity of the OEM intake. I would be curious to ask him why they have changed their minds.
CPO man. More people can afford this car, more out there.
Look at the forum for example, we have people buying shit off ebay now.

I'm sure they see the market now, vs before.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #201
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
i will try not every shop will want to wait 1 hour for me to install intake and do more pulls.
Yea I understand. I just don't want to compare your numbers from last year.
Really want to see what your intake will produce.
Exciting stuff.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #202
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

I can make before an after pulls on my dyno
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #203
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
CPO man. More people can afford this car, more out there.
Look at the forum for example, we have people buying shit off ebay now.

I'm sure they see the market now, vs before.
I talked to him like 3 months ago... I don't think all that has changed in 3 months. Do you have the link? I just want to see what you're talking about and then call him on Monday and see what they're up to. It's not about stealing anyone's fire or anything but the intake we have going here may never even come to fruition so it's good to have options out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #204
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I talked to him like 3 months ago... I don't think all that has changed in 3 months. Do you have the link? I just want to see what you're talking about and then call him on Monday and see what they're up to. It's not about stealing anyone's fire or anything but the intake we have going here may never even come to fruition so it's good to have options out there.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124039

all you had to do was look 2 threads down in this section. but here you go, sorry in advance black. I tried.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #205
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
It's not about stealing anyone's fire or anything but the intake we have going here may never even come to fruition so it's good to have options out there.
It will but we want to make sure all issues are sorted out by us and not clients.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #206
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It will but we want to make sure all issues are sorted out by us and not clients.
I wouldn't be worried at this point, I just saw the thread and the guy from AFE said he he will get started on design in a month. I got the same kind of information from them a few months back and they ended up telling me that it's too complex of a system and they don't want to get into it because lack of sales. At this point they still haven't even made drop in filters for the N63, they told me again same answer, it was too complex and most people that own these cars won't unscrew some torx screws to get to the filters. I won't be surprised if in six months he says that they'll still be working on design. When they have a functioning prototype I'll be surprised.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #207
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't be worried at this point, I just saw the thread and the guy from AFE said he he will get started on design in a month. I got the same kind of information from them a few months back and they ended up telling me that it's too complex of a system and they don't want to get into it because lack of sales. At this point they still haven't even made drop in filters for the N63, they told me again same answer, it was too complex and most people that own these cars won't unscrew some torx screws to get to the filters. I won't be surprised if in six months he says that they'll still be working on design. When they have a functioning prototype I'll be surprised.
I also contacted them several times and was told that they are not planning because the market is small and cost of development is high.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #208
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Im sure he isn't worried, and as far as I go I will purchase whichever system makes more sense. They never made one because the market wasn't there, not because it wasn't to complex. I mean sure its more complex then a Jeep's intake.
But at the end of the day, it has to make sense financially. And thats why they responded to me from an email I sent about 9.5 months ago.

So your convo 3 months ago could of been with the wrong person. Or maybe at that time they didn't have interest.

But at the end of the day, I just want an intake. I dont care who makes it.
As a matter of fact I even offered Black my personal investment in his project so we can do it 24hrs before I got the email.

Because I see way to much potential in the 1st intake available to the world for this car besides the overpriced one dinan makes.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #209
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im sure he isn't worried, and as far as I go I will purchase whichever system makes more sense. They never made one because the market wasn't there, not because it wasn't to complex. I mean sure its more complex then a Jeep's intake.
But at the end of the day, it has to make sense financially. And thats why they responded to me from an email I sent about 9.5 months ago.

So your convo 3 months ago could of been with the wrong person. Or maybe at that time they didn't have interest.

But at the end of the day, I just want an intake. I dont care who makes it.
As a matter of fact I even offered Black my personal investment in his project so we can do it 24hrs before I got the email.

Because I see way to much potential in the 1st intake available to the world for this car besides the overpriced one dinan makes.
I completely hear what you're saying and you make valid points. My point is, that as of right now they have nothing and you have a guy telling you the same thing they told me until they came to that conclusion i mentioned. It was not the wrong person far as i could tell, he was getting me info from the guy that made the decision for the company in regards to what products they produce and for which cars they take on and he said they looked at it multiple times and just can't justify the cost vs. the quantity they will sell, or lack there of. The answers weren't coming from the guy i spoke to, they were coming from whoever he was asking. So until they get past this stage and have something functional it isn't an intake option as they have turned it down before.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 01:39 AM   #210
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Anyway lets just get back on topic of BadBlacks system, the sound alone that it's making pretty much has me sold pending on the price point. you have your own thread for the AFE and I will check it from time to time as you get updates and we'll see how things end up, and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #211
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 1
      05-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #212
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #213
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Anything new?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #214
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anything new?
First 10 people will ge tthe system for $1500 im ready to start taking preorders.

also Ive ran a N63 650xi that had BMS stage1 and pulled him by about 2 cars.
      05-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #215
savage50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Quote:
First 10 people will ge tthe system for $1500 im ready to start taking preorders.

I am interested still. Did you figure out the work around the two steel harness braces. I remember you had to take yous off to make the intake fit and you were working on a solution....what is BADBLACK!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 02:08 AM   #216
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That ain't bad at all considering the complexity and the fact that you're not a corporation! What would you think is a good ETA for the first 10?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #217
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That ain't bad at all considering the complexity and the fact that you're not a corporation! What would you think is a good ETA for the first 10?
Around a month
Appreciate 0