2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW LED projector welcome lights

06-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #67
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post
That only applies to people that looks and acts that way.

Edit: example would be a guido blasting his EDM, fist pumping while reving his car and showing off. Then it might consider a douche mod.
And you think a projected BMW roundel is not showing off
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #68
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post
That only applies to people that looks and acts that way.

Edit: example would be a guido blasting his EDM, fist pumping while reving his car and showing off. Then it might consider a douche mod.
Ahh, it's unfortunate that "EDM" has gotten so big and taken by the Guido "Bro" crowd that it begins to have a negative connotation.

IMO, there's really no stylistic purpose to this mod rather than to brashly show off. I just imagine myself walking to my car with my GF, especially at an event with maybe either family or casual friends.... or just around normal, uncaring-about-cars type of people, and them seeing me open my doors to that gaudily projected "logo". I'd literally be embarrassed for myself (she would probably literally want to duck and hide and that taste/style of hers is one of the many reasons I'm attracted to her). Seems like a Pep Boys type of thing.

Same thing goes for that hideously Flava-Flav cheese that Mercedes is OFFICIALLY doing, which is selling an Option to have the big Star in your Benzes grille lit up. This tells me two things: Mercedes has officially jumped the shark and are no more the classy, sophisticated brand they once were, and 2: Mercedes is clearly not trying to fight the fact that they and their Star grilles are the preferred choice by the "Jersey Shore" (show, not pertaining to actual residents necessarily) crowd, in fact they're embracing and clearly promoting it with such mods (let's not get into the haphazardly mashed-together look of the upright E Class with that awkward implementation of the Star grille).

Idk, I'm usually pretty 'lax when it comes to certain show-mods. M Colors, certain decals, etc. I can understand. But these things go too far for me, personally.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #69
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Idk, I'm usually pretty 'lax when it comes to certain show-mods. M Colors, certain decals, etc. I can understand. But these things go too far for me, personally.
M stripes can be lame or gay, just as a projected logo could be perceived as childish. You see the logo and think the person is trying to show that off, whereas I could just be into LED lights and optics.

So if this is douche, a cartoon BMW with oversized wheels is incredibly laaaaameASS retarded
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #70
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
M stripes can be lame or gay, just as a projected logo could be perceived as childish. You see the logo and think the person is trying to show that off, whereas I could just be into LED lights and optics.

So if this is douche, a cartoon BMW with oversized wheels is incredibly laaaaameASS retarded
If I drove around in a cartoon BMW with oversized wheels maybe you'd have a point on that one.

M stripes I agree in theory are show-offy, however BMW themselves ruined the "sanctity" of them when they officially badged M Sport cars with them all over. Therefore IMO ///M stripes on an M Sport car now is simply just stylistic treatment. Though I'll give you that they can be put in the same argument/context as a BMW hologram image.

I guess it comes down to personal taste. To me, M stripes are in line of "tastefully show-off", while a huge BMW hologram crosses the line. Results may vary and obviously I'm not free from gimmicky unnecessarily show-offy things considering my views on aesthetic M stripes (I just think the colors and format look so cool on BMW's).
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #71
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

IMHO most BWM mods are fairly douchy. This one to me seems fairly classy, actually.

I think it would draw some eyes if you were to valet your car and that was shining down. Much better mod than fugly ass wheels and ricer tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #72
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

LMAOO at everyone's recent posts

Seriously though, I think it looks quite classy and unique. Very subtle too.

Each to their own opinion though. TBH someone is going to be "wow, that looks awesome when they see it" and others "thats disgusting" but they are not driving our cars right, so do what you want. Except M badges on a non-M. NO NO NO lol

Everyone has a unique style when it comes to modding, and that's why I love the BMW community
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #73
528imsport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post

Each to their own opinion though. TBH someone is going to be "wow, that looks awesome when they see it" and others "thats disgusting" but they are not driving our cars right, so do what you want. Except M badges on a non-M. NO NO NO lol

Everyone has a unique style when it comes to modding, and that's why I love the BMW community
when you say M badges on a non-M, dose this mean M sport cars too?

M-Cars vs. M-badged cars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M

Last edited by 528imsport; 06-03-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #74
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Not my cup of tea, thats for sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #75
K-A
Nice
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post

BMW themselves badge the hell out of M Sport cars as "M" so basically as long as you have an M Sport than it's open season.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #76
Crocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 520D Sport

If you have an LCI F10 then these Logo lights won't fit. BMW have changed the design of the OEM light, it's smaller and is a more self contained design.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #77
blackboxmycar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP & F15 X5 35D

haha this is cool
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #78
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I have a pair of these (bmw logo) if anybody is interested. They are bright and good resolution on the logo. I took mine out and I had them installed in my 2015 550ix. PM me if interested.
Appreciate 0