2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum A tune from an APP???

11-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

A tune from an APP???

I am researching tunes for my 2013 535Ix, I want something that is VERY EASY to use (install/uninstall). I don't need some crazy HP #'s just more fun to drive, better throttle response, for torque...

the BMW salesman (he was German) told me about some Father/Son company in Germany that has an app you can buy for your phone that allows you to adjust your ECU via a OBD2 Bluetooth device.

I guess they have preset Maps you can use OR customize your own set up.

you can flash back to stock right from your phone without the dealership knowing...

He said the App was around $150.... anyone ever heard of this??

this sounds perfect for me...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by labenzm5 View Post
I am researching tunes for my 2013 535Ix, I want something that is VERY EASY to use (install/uninstall). I don't need some crazy HP #'s just more fun to drive, better throttle response, for torque...

the BMW salesman (he was German) told me about some Father/Son company in Germany that has an app you can buy for your phone that allows you to adjust your ECU via a OBD2 Bluetooth device.

I guess they have preset Maps you can use OR customize your own set up.

you can flash back to stock right from your phone without the dealership knowing...

He said the App was around $150.... anyone ever heard of this??

this sounds perfect for me...
dude, never heard of an App that can do that! you're better off going with a BMS, JB4 or some type of piggyback since they're all easy plug n play
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Macan Turbo

salesman = bullshit master
      11-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
dude, never heard of an App that can do that! you're better off going with a BMS, JB4 or some type of piggyback since they're all easy plug n play
I'm still looking for that app where you push a button on your phone and a girl pops out of the dash and starts giving me mouth kisses on my private parts
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
I'm still looking for that app where you push a button on your phone and a girl pops out of the dash and starts giving me mouth kisses on my private parts
DUDE! that apps been out since the IPHONE came out! where you been??!!!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #6
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Quote:
Don't be surprised if something like this shows up on the market, the VW guys are using this type of technology with the ability to make your own adjustments right from your phone via Bluetooth.

which tune are you running?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by labenzm5 View Post
Don't be surprised if something like this shows up on the market, the VW guys are using this type of technology with the ability to make your own adjustments right from your phone via Bluetooth.

which tune are you running?
Maybe adjustments to boost or something but tweaking air/fuel and parameters...IDK?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

There's a UK company selling a tuning box called Spider that has an android app which allows you to change maps or switch to stock on the go. Apparently they have an iOS app in production, I might consider it once this is released... I like the idea of running a mid-level map and then being able to quickly switch it to a more aggressive one for short periods
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #9
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/

Here's a link, they do boxes for petrol and diesel cars
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post

interesting stuff there! they don't have anything for the 535 unless i select 5 series GT? funny how this is available and with all the forums i've browsed not once has this mod come up? i see how this works as all it's doing is similar to a flash on the CPE but just changing some of the parameters
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
interesting stuff there! they don't have anything for the 535 unless i select 5 series GT? funny how this is available and with all the forums i've browsed not once has this mod come up? i see how this works as all it's doing is similar to a flash on the CPE but just changing some of the parameters
Not sure the website is as good as it could be, however I have spoken to them and the tech team are great. I am sure if they do one for the GT then they will do one for the F10/11

Just waiting for iOS compatibility...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #12
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure the website is as good as it could be, however I have spoken to them and the tech team are great. I am sure if they do one for the GT then they will do one for the F10/11

Just waiting for iOS compatibility...
keep me updated as this is very interesting stuff!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
keep me updated as this is very interesting stuff!
Sure will
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:

I'm curious as to how this is any is different than other solutions like a JB4 with the JB4 Bluetooth connect kit? It seems like the same kind of hardware/software solution with a smartphone app interface that allows for map changing on th fly.

What it seems like the OP is talking about is changing the OEM ECU maps via the OBDII port, which guys have been doing for years, although in recent years with BMW's encryption it has not been possible. Now that the BMW encryption has been cracked, it seems like a no-brainer for the return of OBDII remaps.
      11-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
I'm curious as to how this is any is different than other solutions like a JB4 with the JB4 Bluetooth connect kit? It seems like the same kind of hardware/software solution with a smartphone app interface that allows for map changing on th fly.

What it seems like the OP is talking about is changing the OEM ECU maps via the OBDII port, which guys have been doing for years, although in recent years with BMW's encryption it has not been possible. Now that the BMW encryption has been cracked, it seems like a no-brainer for the return of OBDII remaps.
i hear what you're saying that's why i'm interested how this will pan out.
Appreciate 0