2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Locking/unlocking Alarm beep/chirp sound gone?

02-22-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Locking/unlocking Alarm beep/chirp sound gone?

Hi All,

had a horrible night, got a flat tire on the BQE (pothole central) yesterday night with my almost due pregnant wife and it was not fun. Anyway, I was able to get a tow to the nearest tire shop and purchased a replacement..Luckily they are open 24/7.

Now, for some strange reason, when I unlock or lock my car, it doesn't make the beeping/chirping sounds anymore. The lights still flash but I have no audio sound confirming this.

does anyone know what is the issue?

I tried opening and closing all the doors and trunk, no go. still didn't try the front hood yet but I'll try that after work today. Battery seems to be in good condition and was replaced back in 2014. I have a 2011 535i Xdrive.

really trying to avoid the dealer although my car is CPO and still under warranty but I am afraid this is not covered.

Thanks for any input and help!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
EBR
EBR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550, 2007 X5

Try this, see image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Did you have runflat tires?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Did you have runflat tires?
No, I changed out the run flats last year for conventional tires. Pirelli P7'S to be exact.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsensetam View Post
Hi All,

had a horrible night, got a flat tire on the BQE (pothole central) yesterday night with my almost due pregnant wife and it was not fun. Anyway, I was able to get a tow to the nearest tire shop and purchased a replacement..Luckily they are open 24/7.

Now, for some strange reason, when I unlock or lock my car, it doesn't make the beeping/chirping sounds anymore. The lights still flash but I have no audio sound confirming this.

does anyone know what is the issue?

I tried opening and closing all the doors and trunk, no go. still didn't try the front hood yet but I'll try that after work today. Battery seems to be in good condition and was replaced back in 2014. I have a 2011 535i Xdrive.

really trying to avoid the dealer although my car is CPO and still under warranty but I am afraid this is not covered.

Thanks for any input and help!
Assuming you already followed the instructions provided above and checked the settings and that the acoustical lock confirmation is set in the iDrive system with an active check-box ....

Do you have a coding cable? You can use ESYS to check the HU_CIC to assure the coding is correct for the following:

ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM .... set to: aktiv

If not they are readily available and fairly cheap ... assuming that CPO warranty doesn't cover electronics (I have no idea) ... $20 is cheaper than the dealer's hourly rate which i'm sure is over $100 / hour. I grabbed my cable at bmwesys.com and have had much success coding with it. They gave me guides on how to use and install the software. It's really easy to do, and will hopefully save you a trip to the dealer.

Its really odd that it was working before and that after having the tire replaced that it stopped working!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 01:57 AM   #6
Rick550I
Rep
Drives: Milano Beige 550i

I found that mine sometimes did that when the battery charge was running low.
Appreciate 0