2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK folks with kids and car seats

01-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

folks with kids and car seats

Hi Folks,

I am thinking of going for the BMW Junior Seat Group 1 out in 2014, rear and forward facing baby car seat, looks like a good option, but no reviews on line, maybe one of you had the chance to try it?

Thanks for any feedbacks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

The drivers seat looks to be miles forward in the right hand picture. If you're short then it's not a problem I suppose but that does seem to take up a lot of room.

We have the Maxi Cosi Family Fix system and its been brilliant, I couldn't recommend it more. Pebble baby seat rear facing then Pearl forward facing seat, both have been great.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG530 View Post
The drivers seat looks to be miles forward in the right hand picture. If you're short then it's not a problem I suppose but that does seem to take up a lot of room.

We have the Maxi Cosi Family Fix system and its been brilliant, I couldn't recommend it more. Pebble baby seat rear facing then Pearl forward facing seat, both have been great.
The picture is likely to be an X5, I am 5.9 f, so when in my car f10, the seat is always behind the passenger seat (Britax 0-12mths with isofix base), my wife is shorter than me so plenty of space, in my wife X3 plenty of space just like in the picture, but still we tend to put the seat behind the passenger seat too just more space.
my main concern about baby seats and BMW's is the seat belt buckles, I also need to fit a 9 and 6 year old in the back they both go on boosters due to the seat belt positioning when the 3 together. from the pictures the base look well clear of the seat belt buckle for the middle seat, but this is likely to be X5 certainly not the 5f10!
Thanks for the advise on the Maxi Cosi Family Fix, will check it out so fare all our seats consisted of Britax ones, the forward and rear facing one they have look on the small side compare to the BMW one.
Appreciate 0