2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Weird knocking sound under the front left wheel when idling

08-20-2022, 02:31 PM   #1
bmeeya
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i

Weird knocking sound under the front left wheel when idling

Hi! I have a very vexing issue with my 2014 F10 and I desperately need help identifying the issue. Sent my car in for full servicing and the guy promised to solve the issue for me but it came back the same even after he changed a couple of items that was not faulty.

The sound comes from the left front wheel, a knocking sound that goes " knock knock, knock knock". It only starts after a short drive and only when idling. Its not ticking or rattling, its more like someone knocking on the bonnet twice each time. The sound stops when I switch off my aircon too.

Technician claimed that he did not see any issues during my regular servicing hence he couldn't rectify, because there isn't any sound when the car was with him.

Thank you in advance for your kind inputs!
Appreciate 0