2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Intermittent Wipers Not Working

08-26-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
timwitte13
MYWDI
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

Intermittent Wipers Not Working

I have a problem where my intermittent wipers don't work. I press in on the end of the stalk, and they'll wipe once, but then no more. If I rotate the sensitivity/frequency wheel on the stalk up or down, they'll wipe once, but no more. Low/High works fine. Single wipe by pressing stalk down works fine.

I replaced the sensor on the windshield. The first time I replaced it the intermittent wipers worked fine for a while, but then when I rotated the sensitivity switch on the stalk they worked no more. I replaced the sensor on the windshield 2 times since, but to no avail. I'm thinking the windshield sensor is fine at this point and the problem lies with the control module connected to it, but I don't know what this module is.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #2
tmarshall57
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d M Sport, E87 118d M

Garage List
I had an identical problem on my e87 118d. The problem was caused by the detachable sensor (black box) not being securely attached to the lens (purple plastic) that is glued to the windscreen. One of the clips on the sensor had broken so there was a gap between sensor and lens. I glued the sensor to the lens and the problem was solved. I would check that the sensor is securely attached to the lens and all parts are clean.
F10 530d M Sport, September 2012 Individual Amazonite Silver, Oyster Dakota Leather, Auto, Nav Pro, Bluetooth + USB Devices, Expanded BMW Online, Comfort Seats, Sunroof, Sun Protection Glass Individual Satin Walnut Honey Brown Trim Interior Inside/Outside Mirror with folding and autodip, M Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0