2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding UK 2012 Pro Nav (609) Delay?

07-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #67
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcj View Post
Bloody hell, what a mess. I placed my order in early July so no idea which nav version I'll get.

Arnsbrae, have you had anything confirmed to you from the dealer as yet?

I'd rather cancel my order and wait a few more weeks if I know a definite date when the next gen nav will be shipped.

Really glad I started this thread now. Or am I? Maybe ignorance is bliss...
Hi - When I say CA that means Customer Assistant = Dealer and I quoted him verbatim.
      07-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #68
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Today I contacted my dealer in Germany to try to have confirmation on what are the exact production dates in which the new Professional Navigation system will be installed into the F10/F11. He confirmed last week with the BMW Product Management that the F10/F11 will have this starting in September 2012 production, or week 36 onwards, which is precisely when my car starts being built in the assembly line for a delivery at the end of week 37. That left me happier but still I will keep my fingers crossed until I receive the car...

After receiving news from the UK market, and now the German market, I would assume that this September cutoff date is probably worldwide for all F10/F11's.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #69
cjcj
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Auto

Spoke to the supplying dealer and have been told my car has already been built. Only factory-ordered it on the 10th July and it will be with the dealer on the 13th August!

Clearly can't cancel the order now and it doesn't have the new nav system. Ah well, nowt I can do about it now.

Existing nav system is more than good enough, but would have been nice to get the new version for the sake of a few weeks wait.

Time to start looking forward to delivery!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #70
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
Today I contacted my dealer in Germany to try to have confirmation on what are the exact production dates in which the new Professional Navigation system will be installed into the F10/F11. He confirmed last week with the BMW Product Management that the F10/F11 will have this starting in September 2012 production, or week 36 onwards, which is precisely when my car starts being built in the assembly line for a delivery at the end of week 37. That left me happier but still I will keep my fingers crossed until I receive the car...

After receiving news from the UK market, and now the German market, I would assume that this September cutoff date is probably worldwide for all F10/F11's.
I certainly hope thats not the case. Sept is also when everyone else gets the new 6WB dash cluster option but the US isn't getting that until the F10 LCI as a MY2014.

It makes zero sense for Bmw to switch over to 2013 MY early for the F10 in July (usually its Sept/Oct) if there is no difference between that and the 2012 car. If this is true about Sept production change for the new nav there are going to be a bunch of 2013 F10's that are basically 2012's with none of the new features.

All this is making me go nuts waiting for my car which is still sitting at my local port!

Alan
      07-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #71
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

<SNIP>

Somehow, I just can't see them pulling this stunt on USA F10 buyers. After such a high profile, global press release saying that all F10\11 series would have the system from the start of July, it beggars belief that they would just switch to September without telling anyone. That is classic bait and switch and I just can't see our US friends putting up with that!

Jason - any word on this change, who it affects and why BMW moved the goalposts?
      07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #72
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Not to mention there are tons of 2013 M5's that are debuting here in the states all expecting to see the new Navigation....this will not fly well for those guys as well.

Watch bmw put the new nav for the M5 but not the regular F10's here in the states...Not likely since they are on the same assembly line but then so are the rest of the euro spec F10's thats going to get different stuff from us.

Alan
      07-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #73
byex91
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Not to mention there are tons of 2013 M5's that are debuting here in the states all expecting to see the new Navigation....this will not fly well for those guys as well.

Watch bmw put the new nav for the M5 but not the regular F10's here in the states...Not likely since they are on the same assembly line but then so are the rest of the euro spec F10's thats going to get different stuff from us.

Alan
Have you got your delivery/ pick up date from your dealer? my dealer isn't really giving me a straight answer and keep telling me he'll know when the boat arrives in Cali. sigh.... and plus, I don't think assembly line really matters which nav we get, because like you said, the Euro version is likely to be built on the same assembly line as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #74
Mobileum
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F10

F07/F10 from Sept 12 2012 according to a German forum/BMW

12GB music library> 20GB
New processor and new 3D graphics chip
USB interface from the glove compartment in the center console
Slightly changed user interface
Advanced toolbar that displays the options directly
Automatic crossing zoom
ECO for each route is shown as a fuel-saving alternative
Radio Text function: If the transmitter transmit the display artist, title and album cover
Better voice control input with complete sentences, eg: "Navigate to Munich, Riesenfeld Strasse 7"
Email and SMS dictation, depending on the phone (ironically, is not for the iPhone)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #75
Matt in Berkshire
Rep
Drives: E86

Awaiting a call from my company car lease firm, have been given estimated delivery of late Sept.

How accurate is the 2 weeks to build a BMW comment?

Hoping I get it, otherwise will delay if I can.

Seems shocking they can do this.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #76
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

My car is at the NJ port in the VPC according to my dealer. He showed me a screen shot from his system and there is a release date of 8/2. Once the car is en route to the dealer i should be able to pick it up 1-2 days after that. He hasn't heard of any EPA delays as of now.

Alan
      07-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #77
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D SE 2013 Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I too was told that the UK MY2013 builds started Week 27 (July 2nd). Does anyone know what code their Sat Nav is? The new builds should be ZMB, ZMP or ZMQ and I sort of assumed the new software would come with the new hardware - but I guess that's a stupid assumption when it comes to BMW

My (now on holiday) dealer assured me my July 30th (now sometime in August) delivery will have the 'latest' software - but of course that could be the 2012 software if the 2013 version is still not released
So got hold of my dealer today:

"No worries" he says, "of course your car will have the new CIC and software".

"Phew" I said, "all the forums are saying that it won't be available until Week 36 build and I was worried because mine is scheduled as a Week 32 build".

"Week 32 build?" he replies, "Didn't I tell you, your car is now scheduled for Week 38 build".

"What!" I exclaimed, "you told me July 30th, then mid August and now it's the end of September - that's 2 months late!".

"Lucky you" he chortled, "if we had kept our delivery promise you wouldn't have had the new CIC and software, so its a good thing really its running 2 months late!".

"*******" I replied.

So he confirmed that the new software is only on Week 36 build onwards. He sort of indicated that most builds are on hold until then anyway, but after all the other stories he's told me, I would check with your own dealer.

PS - not sure about whether the new CIC is also not available until Week 36, it got a bit fraught at that point and I wasn't paying too much attention

Guess I need to change my signature thingy below this......

Last edited by MPH; 07-30-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #78
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just picked up an email from my CA.

The good news is that my car is built and on it's way.

The bad news is that my car is built and on it's way with the legacy 609 navigation system.

Despite their crappy global announcent saying all 5 series built from July 2012 would have the updated system.

Jason? They seemed to fool you too right?

They'll never have the opportunity to fool me again.
      07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #79
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post

The bad news is that my car is built and on it's way with the legacy 609 navigation system.

Despite their crappy global announcent saying all 5 series built from July 2012 would have the updated system.

Sorry to hear

Regarding the F10 5 Series, the new navigation rollout document we were able to reference recently indicated that the F10 (and F10M) would get the new navigation as of July production. However, it may not apply to every single last market (just most) and there may be exceptions in certain markets. Or, things may have changed.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #80
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post

That sucks.
Not that I am trying to give false hopes, but wouldn't it be possible to fit the new system to replace the legacy 609 after you received the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #81
byex91
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Sorry to hear

Regarding the F10 5 Series, the new navigation rollout document we were able to reference recently indicated that the F10 (and F10M) would get the new navigation as of July production. However, it may not apply to every single last market (just most) and there may be exceptions in certain markets. Or, things may have changed.
I think it will be really sad if they implemented this only on the chinese market.....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #82
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That sucks.
Not that I am trying to give false hopes, but wouldn't it be possible to fit the new system to replace the legacy 609 after you received the car?
I don't think it would be a difficult upgrade but mine is a lease car so I have a feeling it would be a bit complicated administratively...
      07-31-2012, 03:36 AM   #83
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Sorry to hear

I have checked with my dealer and they never received the press release that we saw in this forum. This would explain all of the confusion (and my frustration).

At the end of the day, I have no-one to blame but myself for not checking more thoroughly after I read the information posted in this forum.
      07-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #84
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 530d M Sport

I just picked up my car... aah so amazing.. rides so smooth... nywys... i can confirm tht I dont have the new navi... bt don think its gona bother me much..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #85
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha
I just picked up my car... aah so amazing.. rides so smooth... nywys... i can confirm tht I dont have the new navi... bt don think its gona bother me much..
In what country did you pick up your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #86
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha
In what country did you pick up your car?
Chris is a fellow Scot.
      07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #87
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Someone over at the Bmw Performance Center here in the states verified that the F10 M5's they have there have the new navigation system. There is still hope for us here....

Alan
      07-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #88
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

Thanks Alan for keeping up the hopes. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Please post ASAP when you pick up your car. Good luck.
Appreciate 0