2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2010 Formula 1 Telefónica Grand Prix Of Europe

06-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #67
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
High fiveto kobayshi. The last lap was fantastic when he made back 2 grid spots. Didn't know that the sauber could be driven like that. That was the most exciting time of the race. The only time I like a lead like the one sv and hammy had is when I'm winning in a video game.

But fox needs to go. Commercials every 4 minutes and how many times are you going to mention the damned helmets and different colored mirrors. Yes there isn't a number 13 or 18 cause they are considered bad luck but you don't need to tell me 20,000 times
Consider as Formula 1 course 101...
kept comparing F1 to NASCAR....

I'm sorry SPEED/FOX...when you ask someone who's Jeff Gorden outside North America, no one knows who the fuck he is....
but if you talk about Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Ayrton Senna, Prost, Jackie Stewart, etc etc etc....those are legends and well known around the world!
      06-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #68
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
saw this at planet-f1 forum...

Quote:
sandman1347 wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 15:24

This whole issue is totally solvable. Since it is now quite clear that the other drivers and teams all say, "that's just racing," we can deduce that the whole uproar about this is based on Ferrari/Alonso fans being upset that their man was caught out. They want Hamilton to share their pain.

The real problem in achieving this is not the penalty itself. A drive-thru is the penalty for overtaking the safety car as established by clear presedent. The problem is that Lewis didn't receive the penalty at a time that would cause him a proportionate amount of pain to what Alonso experienced. If the FIA stewards could have simply prioritized penalizing Hamilton over sorting out the paltry matters of ensuring the safety of the drivers after a dangerous incident and tracking the 10 other potential infractions, Alonso might not be so angry right now. Instead, it took a few minutes to gain conclusive evidence that Hamilton had broken the rule and the penalty came too late to hurt Lewis enough.

I'm going to propose that the FIA set up a special Hamilton task force. This unit will have jurisdiction at any F1 race and will be given the authority to fast-track any Hamilton related incidents. They will report directly to Ferrari and can be deployed at the push of a button.
      06-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #69
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
saw this at planet-f1 forum...
^
      06-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #70
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

That is awesome... LOL
Alonso is starting to sound like someone else... oh yeah, Hamilton himself... what a whining baby !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #71
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here is my take on the situation:

1. This was very close... If LH did not hesitate, he would have crossed the line before the SC, and this would not be an issue
2. How come no body is blaming the organizers who made the bigger mistake? The SC needs to come out in front of the race leader... Not only did they miss Vettel, but the SC also crossed the white line on the way out
3. The same scenario happened to Rosberg last year where he was penalized, but put together some crazy fast laps, came in and out without losing any positions.. Everyone praised him for his amazing driving... When Lewis does it and puts together the fast laps to allow himself to come in and come out in the same position, he is called a cheater...

Seriously people, I am sick of the Hamilton hating on here... Do we have to do this after every GP?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #72
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
That is awesome... LOL
Alonso is starting to sound like someone else... oh yeah, Hamilton himself... what a whining baby !!!
They just need to vent...
      06-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #73
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here is my take on the situation:

1. This was very close... If LH did not hesitate, he would have crossed the line before the SC, and this would not be an issue
2. How come no body is blaming the organizers who made the bigger mistake? The SC needs to come out in front of the race leader... Not only did they miss Vettel, but the SC also crossed the white line on the way out
3. The same scenario happened to Rosberg last year where he was penalized, but put together some crazy fast laps, came in and out without losing any positions.. Everyone praised him for his amazing driving... When Lewis does it and puts together the fast laps to allow himself to come in and come out in the same position, he is called a cheater...

Seriously people, I am sick of the Hamilton hating on here... Do we have to do this after every GP?
1. Correct, but if he did not hesitate and FLOOR it...it'll be too obvious.... and FA might slip right behind him without violate the SC line rule...

2. Because it was a big accident, and Race control need to deploy the SC immediately so the marshals and medical car can check if MW is ok....

3. Because Rosberg had to pit in Singapore 2008 under SC and pit lane closed,otherwise his car will be outta fuel...lucky he got clean track and air to do some quick laps....(similar to LH)...however, Kubica need to do the same but stuck with traffic and not so lucky for him....also...Rosberg wasn't taking advantage of the SC line (didn't exist back then) and Ferrari's didn't whine about anything....since they had to take care of their fuel hose instead...
      06-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #74
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Maybe they should go back to no pit stops allowed under SC and close the pit lane now that no one can risk running out of fuel...
That way the SC can be deployed right away, and once the track is clear.. Allow everyone to pass the SC until the race leader lines up first behind the SC, let the field circle around and catch up at the back and then restart...

What is the need for the pit lane to ramain open now under SC when there is no refueling? other than to create controversey.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #75
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe they should go back to no pit stops allowed under SC and close the pit lane now that no one can risk running out of fuel...
That way the SC can be deployed right away, and once the track is clear.. Allow everyone to pass the SC until the race leader lines up first behind the SC, let the field circle around and catch up at the back and then restart...

What is the need for the pit lane to ramain open now under SC when there is no refueling? other than to create controversey.
That's what we get for the FIA kept changing the Safety Car-Pit Stop rules every year...causing trouble and confusion...

even myself got confused....
in the past it was clear....safety car deployed - pit lane closed until all cars are in order behind SC - then pit lane opens...
      06-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #76
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BMW4fun View Post
Outstanding driving when you see that he was closing more gap with SV at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
And not one bothers to consider either that he would be in contention for first place for half the race had he not gotten the penalty
Umm no gents...sorry but SB was cruising in the 41s and 42s fwhile LH was "catching" him. Once RBR let SB know that LH was on a charge he immediately responded with equally quick laps times. LH never had a chance, penalty or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Volcanic View Post
And I know also the Webber fans are going to jump all over this, but someone should remind him how wide this car is. Force the issue with Vettel and now try to Jump a Lotus.
Webber fan here and I completely agree with you. Seems like Webber could have avoided running into the Lotus if he had moved over just a tad.
      06-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #77
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

The problem is that isnt the first, second or even the third time Hamilton cheated a race, and then to cap nothing happens to him before. Oh sorry, this one a drive trough 20 laps later ... go to suck some maFIA, please

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #78
revster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
The problem is that isnt the first, second or even the third time Hamilton cheated a race, and then to cap nothing happens to him before.
Uh, Spa '08
      06-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #79
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

What makes this worse is the environment this past weekend, 1) This is FA home turf 2) The majority of the fans are Ferrari fans 3) This is the race where Ferrari would showed their updates and turn things around. The expectation from fans for this past weekend was for Ferrari to be on podium and catched up in the driver and contructor championship. I think if this was to happened in Silverstone or China or Japan, then you would have that much anger of a respond from Ferrari (same would go if it was at Monza)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #80
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
The problem is that isnt the first, second or even the third time Hamilton cheated a race, and then to cap nothing happens to him before. Oh sorry, this one a drive trough 20 laps later ... go to suck some maFIA, please
Quote:
Originally Posted by revster View Post
Uh, Spa '08
^lol.

So Javi, I'm guessing Alonzo's your man.
And hey, Zo is a complete angel.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #81
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Umm no gents...sorry but SB was cruising in the 41s and 42s fwhile LH was "catching" him. Once RBR let SB know that LH was on a charge he immediately responded with equally quick laps times. LH never had a chance, penalty or not.
Umm hamilton was saving tire and fuel prior to the penalty, neither guy was running all out but hamilton was creeping up on him, and based on the lap times later in the race he had the ability to catch him. Maybe you should pay more attention.
      06-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #82
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Only mistake LH made was to lift... Had he not hesitated and not lifted, he would have crossed the line first before the SC... This proves that it was not intentional and that he hesitated and thought about it and his hesitation was the real mistake
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #83
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Only mistake LH made was to lift... Had he not hesitated and not lifted, he would have crossed the line first before the SC... This proves that it was not intentional and that he hesitated and thought about it and his hesitation was the real mistake
Or the safety car should lift off and let LH pass then block Alonso....

i kid!!!
      06-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #84
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Umm hamilton was saving tire and fuel prior to the penalty, neither guy was running all out but hamilton was creeping up on him, and based on the lap times later in the race he had the ability to catch him. Maybe you should pay more attention.
Based on lap times later?? Based on the planets aligning correctly?? Who won the race and by a pretty large margin? Umm...no son...maybe you should go back and watch and listen. Once SB knew LH was gaining he responded with nearly exact lap times. So how would LH have caught him then? Even in your LH ruling fantasyland where there was no SC delay, LH would not have caught SB and won the race. But I'm sure you'll wave your magic crystal ball and figure out a way to disprove me on that as well.

I swear you LH fans are such biased douches. I have zero problem acknowledging LH when he does well despite the fact that he has zero class. Yet you LH lovers will come up with greater fantasies than those written by JRR Tolkien to make excuses for LH. Such a joke.
      06-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #85
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Based on lap times later?? Based on the planets aligning correctly?? Who won the race and by a pretty large margin? Umm...no son...maybe you should go back and watch and listen. Once SB knew LH was gaining he responded with nearly exact lap times. So how would LH have caught him then? Even in your LH ruling fantasyland where there was no SC delay, LH would not have caught SB and won the race. But I'm sure you'll wave your magic crystal ball and figure out a way to disprove me on that as well.

I swear you LH fans are such biased douches. I have zero problem acknowledging LH when he does well despite the fact that he has zero class. Yet you LH lovers will come up with greater fantasies than those written by JRR Tolkien to make excuses for LH. Such a joke.
I don't see how you can say he has no class. Every time I've seen him interviewed, or on the podium as a winner or runner up he has always been respectful and fair in my eyes. Him and Jenson have what seems to be a great working relationship. They both seemed very respectful towards Vettel's win as well.

On Alonso bringing up Hamilton's safety car issue, Alonso is only upset because he didn't get to sneak by the safety car as well. If Hamilton had slammed on the brakes, 1. it would have been a great liability to Alonso who was beating down on him, and 2. it wouldn't have been competitive at all. He would have waited for a few seconds for the Safety car to actually cross the line before him. The only mistake he made was simply lifting off when he saw the safety car. That hesitation is what caused the whole issue.

Quote:
+1
People that don't like Hamilton will read more into the situation. Accusing him of intentionally halting Fernando while slipping through. However, if that was truly his intention it was executed quite poorly. Far worse than any F1 driver would. Hence, I believe it was a true hesitation where he saw the Safety car just after he rounded the corner, but he saw it over in the pit exit lane. He lifted off to take a second to judge his approach speed and then decided to follow through. Alonso also wasn't anywhere near Hamilton as he first approached the Safety car. So had Hamilton gunned straight through immediately, Alonso would then have been in the situation Hamilton ended up in. Then of course, Alonso would have bitched that they had received the drive through penalty.
      06-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #86
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I don't see how you can say he has no class. Every time I've seen him interviewed, or on the podium as a winner or runner up he has always been respectful and fair in my eyes.
He is respectful in front of the camera. But his actions on track sometimes lack sportsmanship (maybe class in not the rt word). He cheats, he whines and complains, he disrespects his team on the radio. I just think that although he is a great driver that he has a LONG way to go before he is considered a truly special sportsman. There are a lot of less talented drivers that I would root for over him simply because...well...he's a jerk.
      06-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #87
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He is respectful in front of the camera. But his actions on track sometimes lack sportsmanship (maybe class in not the rt word). He cheats, he whines and complains, he disrespects his team on the radio. I just think that although he is a great driver that he has a LONG way to go before he is considered a truly special sportsman. There are a lot of less talented drivers that I would root for over him simply because...well...he's a jerk.

Your bitterness and misplaced anger is just hilarious and delicious
You are really going to call LH the whiner in this instance .. who is doing the whining ? pretty sure it's coming from a ego maniac spaniard after being overtaken by a Sauber !!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #88
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ferrari might be in trouble WMSC wasn't too happy with their whining...

Quote:
Ferrari's may yet find themselves in hot water with the FIA following their extraordinary outburst after the European Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso and the rest of his team are seething after Lewis Hamilton managed to finish second in Valencia despite being receiving a drive-through penalty for passing the Safety Car. The Italian marque feel the punishment did not fit the crime as it didn't affect the McLaren driver's position.

Alonso claimed it was a "manipulated race" while Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo says the team "paid a price that was too high for respecting the rules"

Initial reports suggested that the FIA was unlikely to punish Alonso or Ferrari for questioning the integrity of race director Charlie Whiting and his stewards.

However, the Guardian says the comments from the Scuderia have not gone down well with motor sport's governing body.

According to the paper, 'Ferrari could face action from the FIA following their claims'.

The report adds: 'A number of officials from the sport's governing body are known to be angered by the Scuderia's intemperate response after the penalty drive-through awarded against Lewis Hamilton for overtaking the safety car did not prevent the British driver from finishing second in Spain and doubling his lead in the title race to six points.'
http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/62368...FIA-officials-