2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Why Debadge a BMW

02-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #221
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
I had a 520d SE and did not de-badge it. Now I have a 530d M Sport and I have not de-badged that either. A great number of 520d's are debadged in the UK and it does make me wonder why since it is such a super car.

On my 530d F11 LCI my car has chrome inserts in the door handles and the handles light up. Does the 520 have these?

The 520d is a brilliant car!!! I loved mine. But it's not has brilliant as the 530d! "The Beast" as we call it...
If it's not standard on the 520d in UK you can get it as an option, like I did on my 520d.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #222
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I have debadged my ActiveHybrid5. All exterior reference to activehybrid5 has been removed. It just looked shit with all the badges on it. I have also changed out the door sill covers to the M version.

Also the small M badges on the wings have been removed.
I think I am going to reposition them onto the side markers.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #223
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
I have debadged my ActiveHybrid5. All exterior reference to activehybrid5 has been removed. It just looked shit with all the badges on it. I have also changed out the door sill covers to the M version.

Also the small M badges on the wings have been removed.
I think I am going to reposition them onto the side markers.
Definitely post some pictures!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #224
matowi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: carless at the moment

Garage List
I ordered my 535d x-drive (European version with dual exhaust pipes) without the badge to stick less out of the crowd and avoid jealousy. Vast majority of f10s over here are different versions of the 4 cylinder engines (520d probably being the king of sales). I did not want to flash around with a badge screaming I had a bigger engine. I chose it for the option of having the power reserve, when I need it, a smoother and quieter soundtrack, and a great basis for future mods. I did not choose it for any status building.

Had '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #225
Azimmerlyjr
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i RWD Black on black

I have a 550i. I am considering debagging mine despite having the second to largest engine available. in my case, this would pretty much eliminate the "look like I have a bigger engine" "theory. however, I am proud of the large engine I purchased! I would never knock someone with a smaller engine F10 as it is actually pretty likely they may have a larger income than I do. I spend a good amount of my money on my vehicle as I am younger, do not have a wife or kids, and the car brings me great joy. cars always have. at least where I'm from, certainly many people debagged their BMW's in hopes that some BMW owners or most other drivers may take their car for a larger engine model car. I understand different countries and different people have different views on this but that certainly seems to be the majority case here in good ole Florida. I would love to debadge my 550 for the clean look but I don't want someone to believe I am one of the guys that are trying to make their car something its not! its that prevalent here. its so bad in the area I live that I'm scared to be seen as one of "those guys" lol. hopefully this is making sense to at lease some of you guys as I am sure not all areas are as bad as mine when it comes to this issue. one thing certainly doesn't make any sense...debagging to make cleaning easier? what? that makes no sense. you are talking a difference of about 10-20 seconds when waxing, and absolutely no difference in time when just washing...
Appreciate 0