2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK 535d M Sport Touring - Lease deal £366/month

03-21-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

535d M Sport Touring - Lease deal £366/month

535d M Sport auto pre options at £366 inc VAT/month seems like a cracking deal, I'm tempted. Only 9+23, but still good value I think.

Many things come standard - leather, met paint, bus nav, xenons, heated seats.

Does it come with bluetooth?
Are the seats electric as standard?

I guess the following are really important extras :

- prof nav
- bluetooth option for streaming from iphone?
- 19"s

As it is only a lease, I don't want to over do it on toys bumping up the cost, but also means I don't have to worry about the G31 coming out.

Does the F31 have the really cool adaptive xenons? Or not? What is this option? Is it the LED one?

Any other options?

Any other advice?
      03-22-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
535d M Sport auto pre options at £366 inc VAT/month seems like a cracking deal, I'm tempted. Only 9+23, but still good value I think.

Many things come standard - leather, met paint, bus nav, xenons, heated seats.

Does it come with bluetooth?
Are the seats electric as standard?

I guess the following are really important extras :

- prof nav
- bluetooth option for streaming from iphone?
- 19"s

As it is only a lease, I don't want to over do it on toys bumping up the cost, but also means I don't have to worry about the G31 coming out.

Does the F31 have the really cool adaptive xenons? Or not? What is this option? Is it the LED one?

Any other options?

Any other advice?
Bluetooth is standard and you can stream music over it.

Prof Nav is an option, standard on Luxury though.

Seats have electric back rest, the rest is manual. Full electric is an option.

Xenons are standard on the 5 series, Adaptive Xenon and LED are optional.

19" wheels are optional, but your better off speccing M Sport Plus pack.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:20 AM   #3
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks!

I think I also see that you just need the adaptive xenon to get the clever steering lights - this is alot cheaper than the full LED option.

I also notice that many here say Adaptive Drive is almost essential.

This may explain why when I tested an F30 530d a few years back I found it a bit dull to drive (perhaps it didn't have the option).

If you can already stream on the standard bluetooth, not sure I understand what the point of the "enhanced bluetooth" is?
      03-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
Johnny Grabble
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530d

Enhanced bluetooth enables the connection of multiple devices, all of which can both stream and make calls (not all at the same time though). Had this on my last F10. Kids loved being able to stream music from their phones to the stereo. SWMBO & I were on occasion understandably less impressed...
Curiously, I have just taken delivery of a Feb '15 build F10 Luxury, I did not spec enhanced, but the vehicle seems to have it as standard...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:51 AM   #5
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Thanks!

I think I also see that you just need the adaptive xenon to get the clever steering lights - this is alot cheaper than the full LED option.

I also notice that many here say Adaptive Drive is almost essential.

This may explain why when I tested an F30 530d a few years back I found it a bit dull to drive (perhaps it didn't have the option).

If you can already stream on the standard bluetooth, not sure I understand what the point of the "enhanced bluetooth" is?
Enhanced Bluetooth gives you the cradle in the armrest which connects to an external aerial.

The adaptive Xenons are very good for the price.

I don't think adaptive drive it a must to be honest. It's a personal thing, if you've had a car which it on before then you may miss it but if not I'm sure its fine. Try both if your unsure...

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:58 AM   #6
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
Enhanced Bluetooth gives you the cradle in the armrest which connects to an external aerial.

The adaptive Xenons are very good for the price.

I don't think adaptive drive it a must to be honest. It's a personal thing, if you've had a car which it on before then you may miss it but if not I'm sure its fine. Try both if your unsure...
Adaptive Drive is probably the least understood option amongst 5 series. You may wish to read previous posts by various people on the forum about its benefits.

It is an expensive option for a reason - it does what it says on the tin.

Ask any owner who has Adaptive Drive if they would ever buy a car without it.; and it is not about missing a feature once you have it, it almost defines the essence of how a car should handle.

... and as suggested, drive a car with/ without AD to see the difference; it absolutely transforms the car !
      03-23-2015, 06:01 AM   #7
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Got my car just under two weeks ago and Adaptive Drive is amazing.

It's not a "showroom" feature it's one that you only get once you start to live with it.

I live on a cobbled street (with cobbled speed humps!) and the ride is amazing, beautifully damped and smooth. On the other hand I went up to see my Dad at the weekend and took him for a run on my old "Boy Racing" route and the body control was astonishing. The car really did shrink around me, and in no way felt like an almost 2 tonne estate.

Last edited by jamiey; 03-23-2015 at 06:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
Got my car just under two weeks ago and Adaptive Drive is amazing.

It's not a "showroom" feature it's one that you only get once you start to live with it.

I live on a cobbled street (with cobbled speed humps!) and the ride is amazing, beautifully damped and smooth. On the other hand I went up to see my Dad at the weekend and took him for a run on my old "Boy Racing" route and the body control was astonishing. The car really did shrink around me, and in no way felt like an almost 2 tonne estate.
Join the club.

Your comment on shrinking the car around you is my feeling as well, makes the 'barge' a very agile car for its size.

When I first got into a demo F10 with Adaptive Drive I was sold on it, the best advancement in suspension I'd come across, nothing BMW offers can come close, IMO.

Was reading just last week of an owner who has just updated his F10 and gone for VDC this time, instead of the standard suspension. He was happy with the standard suspension but has commented on the "better planted, secure suspension". Adds he is converted.

That is 'just' VDC. For me the 'star' of Adaptive Drive is ARS. VDC is an obvious suspension enhancement in daily driving, but ARS takes the chassis to another level.

Even the softer VDC settings get superb body control through the twisty stuff. Goes around bends flatter that you can expect from such a big car, belies the degree of ride comfort you are enjoying. Dial in Sport suspension mode and the anti-roll function is deceptive, you find you are cornering far faster than it feels, as the car is so controlled.

I've lived with AD for 2 1/2 years and still rate it as the best option on the car. I still marvel at how good it is, hardly ever gets caught out in how it holds the chassis under control.

I certainly get comments from passengers on how well the car rides and handles. Drivers who use the same roads (know them well) and can't fathom how my car can give such a surefooted and comfortable ride at the same time.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
Pottsy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535d MSport

I'd rather have a Jaguar XF than a non-AD BMW. Proper double wishbones couple with hydraulic steering... With AD though, the BMW is leagues ahead of the competition - if you care how a car drives/handles/rides.

As an XF owner, I struggled to like the 5 and went cold on the idea. As soon as I sampled AD, I was sold!

Some people don't really care, though, and we have to remember that.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #10
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
I'd rather have a Jaguar XF than a non-AD BMW. Proper double wishbones couple with hydraulic steering... With AD though, the BMW is leagues ahead of the competition - if you care how a car drives/handles/rides.

As an XF owner, I struggled to like the 5 and went cold on the idea. As soon as I sampled AD, I was sold!

Some people don't really care, though, and we have to remember that.
I can understand your thinking, the XF has a blend of driving dynamics which is hard to achieve from an 'off the peg' BMW these days.

But as you say, not everyone cares too much about the finer nuances of a suspension system. From many of the comments I read and hear, drivers have been sold (a misconception) that "sporty" automatically means a loss of refinement.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #11
Markee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Carbon Black

On the subject of Bluetooth streaming, as far as I understant it, you need Pro Media to BT stream.

I think you can BT Stream with Business Nav if you have enhanced Bluetooth.

It's all very confusing as BMW keep changing what works and what doesn't (I read somewhere that "Send to Car" from Google maps works on Business Media, but doesn't now, if it ever did).

I have standard BT and Business Media and there's no BT streaming.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for replies.

The enhanced makes sense now if you don't have prof media - I get that - cheaper way to get streaming than full prof.

The problem I have is that as a keen driver I think I would love AD, but on such a cheap lease deal of £366/month, the extra cost of AD will kill the value for money argument.

Its only a 2 year lease so I might just limit the spec to Prof Nav.

Either that or keep the 330d a bit longer and get a 2nd hand one once the replacement Gxx is out and values of the current 535d LCI drop a bit.

I'm still in two minds about leasing - I like the idea that it can be great value and you keep jumping into new cars, but then again part of me just wants to own the thing, not have to give it back at a set time.
      03-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #13
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

I am on my second 5 series, I didn't spec any suspension options and was reasonably happy with the ride until 2 weeks ago when I got a 520 on loan which had VDC. IT makes a real difference to the ride quality and I think I would have went for it if I had test drove a car with it fitted. I dropped the sport suspension which helps ride quality but at the expense of handling. The AD must be something else but don't want to drive one just in case I really like it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #14
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Grabble View Post
I have just taken delivery of a Feb '15 build F10 Luxury, I did not spec enhanced, but the vehicle seems to have it as standard...
Yes great option but sadly not standard on the M Sport, unless it's recently been added to the standard spec. You can stream music with the standard Bluetooth, the enhanced option gives full access to the likes of emails and texts. This came with pro media on the old car but it's an option on the LCI which is a real pain as I failed to spot this. I used the email function a lot with the old car and miss it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #15
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

The Enhanced Bluetooth Option can be software coded if you have the Professional SatNav version.
      03-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #16
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

A post on Adaptive Drive/ Suspension that is interesting reading...
      03-26-2015, 06:00 AM   #17
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Where have you found that deal???
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #18
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

What mileage are you allowed on that lease? Just goes to show how high the residuals are that they can lease them for that money!

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #19
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
What mileage are you allowed on that lease? Just goes to show how high the residuals are that they can lease them for that money!
Its 10,000/year

Its a 9+23 so works out at £488/month overall when you amortise the desposit.

The other periods are not as cheap, perhaps factoring in the new 5er model etc.

Trouble is options are full price add on - so Prof Nav is a full £40 extra/month. So to get any typical 535d spec makes it rather expensive.

Most key options are standard on a 535d, so it is almost tempting to buy a no option car and run it for 2 years, but then again I find myself just looking at low mileage loaded cars 2nd hand with AD, HUD etc. I think that is really what having a 535d should be about.

Hmm. I did try explaining that a 535d without Prof Nav would surely be unsellable, so residuals must be better with this spec'd, but no joy. That said, I can't see you ever getting a good lease price on an option like Adaptive Drive. I have noticed on other cars (like a 335d) the monthly value is correctly lower if you DO spec essentials like Prof Nav. However - on the same site a 335d Xdrive with Prof nav on a 9+23 is £486, so much more expensive anyway.

It does seem a strangely low price in that respect - perhaps they are trying to shift excess 535d capacity. Its fleetprices.co.uk by the way.
      03-28-2015, 04:30 AM   #20
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

The Pro Nav is a must have in my view. I use it all the time, on every drive. The media system that comes with it is superb too.

10000 miles a year is not many mate.... You can soon rack those up. Only you know if you can you fit into that restriction. I would be worried every time I got into the car "Oh, that'a another 30 miles". You'd never take it for a "feel good" spin when it was nice and shiny!

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0