2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media R19 Runflats got bubbles! Please help!

01-25-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
borys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
R19 Runflats got bubbles! Please help!

Long story short...

The day I got my F10 I hit a pretty bad pothole. Forgot to check the tire and then in 1-2 month I notice a pretty big bubble. Left front wheel.
I have no choice and I go to the dealer to replace it. Paid $490

In 4-5 month it starts snowing and roads are sh*t, can't see anything. I hit another pothole. I stop check the tire and it has bubble again... Same left front = newest tire on my car. I was pretty pissed but had to go on a ski trip + bubble was getting big in 2 days so I got replace that tire. I also give a complaint to the city about road conditions to reimburse me for the tire, they said ok we will call you in 6-8 weeks. Fine...

Last night. Snowing again, can't see sh*t. Roads are sh*t. Going around 40mph there is another 550 in front of me. I need an exit to I take right lane and hit a big pothole... It was never there before. I come home, check tires... Front and back right side tires have bubbles... You can't imagine how pissed I was.
I am pretty sure they will get big in 2-3 days and I will need to replace them. And its $1000...

I have no Tire protection and can not get it for my car anymore. Its 2012

Any suggestions?

PS: I don't want to get regular tires because if I hit potholes and runflats get damaged, I can't imagine what will happen to regular tires....
PS2: I drive good, I am not hitting every pothole. And I always go no more than 10mph to pass bad road conditions.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

I have some really good tires for sale if you want pm me
Link here:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047829
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Hobbe74
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F10 on order

From my experience theres just not that much to do when you hit a pothole.
Well, maybe a smaller rim and bigger sidewall could help a little bit, but not much.
There's so many variables to why a tyre breaks when hitting a pothole, size, angle, speed (not always good with lower speed), shape on the edge of the hole etc. etc.
I have no clue how bad it is in the Boston, MA. area.
But i'd say that continue to give complaints to the city about road conditions to get reimbursed is the best option.
Not less irritating of course but at least they get to pay for not maintaining the roads properly.
Hopefully you'll never hit a pothole again!
Appreciate 0