2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Roof Rack Question

11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
pMart36
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi M Sport

Roof Rack Question

I have a 535xi and I just installed the roof rack since I will be heading up to tahoe this coming weekend. I was very surprise on how much of a pain it was to instal and how long it took. It makes me not want to remove the roof rack off until the ned of the season now. So this bring up my question, should I really remove my rack before going to a car wash? I normally get my car washed as soon as I return, but after thinking of how much time and effort it takes it to instal/uninstal makes me not want to remove it each time. Would you recommend removing it each time before getting your car wash or is it not an issue to leave the rack on?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
valcor535
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535I X-Drive

on my experience once you adjust it the first time it takes about 5 minutes to install/remove... Just the initial installation takes longer while you adjust it... As for the car wash, you can leave it on but will not clean the roof as well as if the rack will be removed.
Appreciate 0