2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Rear door sill illumination

11-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Gouni
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Rear door sill illumination

Hi guys,

Looking for some help with this. Both my rear door sill plates dont light up. Front is fine. I am sure they are supposed to. Is there something I should check before I head to the dealer? It's and AUC so has warranty.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
RandomGuy152
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M-Sport (TiAg)

Is your car more than 3 years old (from new)? If so, how long ago did you purchase it as an AUC?

If under 3 years old, warranty should cover this issue. Book in at the dealership and have them investigate the problem. It should also be covered in the additional 1 year warranty that comes with all AUC assuming it has not expired.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Gouni
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuii View Post
Is your car more than 3 years old (from new)? If so, how long ago did you purchase it as an AUC?

If under 3 years old, warranty should cover this issue. Book in at the dealership and have them investigate the problem. It should also be covered in the additional 1 year warranty that comes with all AUC assuming it has not expired.
Just bought the car. Has 1 year warranty. I just thought ifit was something silly I would look into it mysef. Car is 2010 so just outside 3 yr initial warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
RandomGuy152
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M-Sport (TiAg)

You would need a person in a more knowledgeable position to decide if the issue is simple or complicated. If just purchased, definitely take it back and point out the problem. It might be a simple replacement of sills/bulbs/LEDs but if you say both are not working, then it's possible the problem runs deeper, such as wiring/electronic faults.

Considering you just purchased the car, the dealer should be sympathetic to the issue and resolve it for you. Just make sure they do not charge you, even for diagnosing the problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Gouni
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuii View Post
You would need a person in a more knowledgeable position to decide if the issue is simple or complicated. If just purchased, definitely take it back and point out the problem. It might be a simple replacement of sills/bulbs/LEDs but if you say both are not working, then it's possible the problem runs deeper, such as wiring/electronic faults.

Considering you just purchased the car, the dealer should be sympathetic to the issue and resolve it for you. Just make sure they do not charge you, even for diagnosing the problem.
Thanks I emailed dealer today as I travelled to pick the car up. He told me to take it to nearest dealer as it should be under warranty. Also said to call contact them if there was still a problem.
Appreciate 0