2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum secondary cats

02-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Dirty5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 alpine white 535i

secondary cats

So I use to have a E93 335 with the N54 engine and decided to delete the secondary cat and res. After about 2 months the engine started missing firing, and had to replace the coils and injectors . Dealer said I did not have enough back pressure reason that happened.

I decided to go safe and only delete res on my F10 535i but I want a lil more sound without spending a lot of money. My question is has anyone delete the secondary cats and res and if anyone has came across any problems or anything
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
Secret_Asian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 lci luxury line

simple answer, your dealer lied to you. Backpressure has nothing to do with injectors failing, look at the freq that n54 injectors failed
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Dirty5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 alpine white 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_Asian View Post
simple answer, your dealer lied to you. Backpressure has nothing to do with injectors failing, look at the freq that n54 injectors failed
So do you think taking off my secondary cats will be okay without giving me any problems directing it to that specific problem
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
Mr Clean
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

The f10 535 does not have secondary cats. It only has a primary cat aka downpipe located towards the front passenger side of the vehicle. Take a scroll through my build thread to see a picture of the stock downpipe's location as well as the replacement ER competition downpipe. Removing the resonator may give you a slight increase in sound however you will gain a greater increase in drone due to its removal. Consider removing the mufflers to get a more substantial sound increase as well as reinstalling the resonator (OEM) or going to an aftermarket item (such as vibrant resonators) to help decrease the drone and clarify the tone of the exhaust. When you install a catless downpipe or delete the stock cat you will need to run a tune such as the jb4 stage 2 with auto-clear to erase the check engine light that you will encounter.
Appreciate 0