2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 'Chipping or tune for the N55 535i Engine?

06-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #45
blackberrycubed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I don't care about the dyno numbers either. This is not one of those "I can feel it, wait can I, yes, well maybe it's just in my head, oh maybe I can't" feel it sort of tunes. Night and day is more like it. The level of ferocity with which the tach now climbs just means I feel like I have to shift a lot, which isn't a bad thing it just isn't something I'm used to never having owned an 8 speed before.

Executive summary: get one. If you dont like it, sell it for a $20 loss. Seriously, 15 minutes start to finish. You don't even have to remove the cowling like the instructions for the 3 series show, just 4 plug interceptions and go like hell.
Where did you place the jb3 head unit? Got pics or instructions?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #46
d_dot
4 * General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrider View Post
I ordered my jb3 today and cant wait to install it. Thanks for all the positive feedback all.
how is it?
      07-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #47
Njaza
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i manual

Had the n55 stage 1 burger tune installed about a month ago. The extra torque is nice especially with the manual transmission. Got it up to 130 mph in no time. Just worried if i have to take it in for a service what to do.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #48
blackberrycubed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
So far so good with the JB3. Install took maybe 20 minutes, and, um, wow. Car will easily break the rear tires loose and is nothing short of ferocious at any rpm. Lag is G O N E gone gone and power is instantaneous. Solid product with exceptional results, especially for the $$$. Tomorrow I will be raising the boost by 2-3 PSI which should net a few more horsepower. I'll report back.

FYI, looking at the install guides seems quite daunting but literally, with almost no tools at all the unit was in and running in 20 minutes start to finish.
What boost level are you seeing the best results?
Appreciate 0