2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding I ve ordered Navdy

11-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 2013 520i Hartge Tuning

I ve ordered Navdy

http://www.navdy.com/WIpc3RVG

Is it popular in US?
More details about the spec have been released
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Paul1994
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 comp -- BMW x5 G05

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fung0001 View Post
http://www.navdy.com/WIpc3RVG

Is it popular in US?
More details about the spec have been released
Did you pre order. This looks pretty cool.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

EDIT: Actually was NOT kickstarter funded. I think I'm going to get one also

Last edited by twelve535i; 12-10-2014 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #4
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Paid in late Nov

Looking forward to receive the device in early 2015
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any news for shipping in US?
I would like to try this at US$2xx before further considering to upgrade 10.2" nbt at US$2xxx
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just recieved this from Navdy :

Hello!

The entire team at Navdy would like to wish all of you a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year!* We also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you again for pre-ordering Navdy.* Your enthusiastic support and feedback is invaluable and an inspiration to all of us at Navdy.
We know you are anxious to receive your Navdy and the team is hard at work making sure the experience of using Navdy will live up to your high expectations.

For the New Year we are planning more frequent updates starting on*January 15th*when we will share more details on our progress and an update on the expected timeframe for shipments.

Till then, enjoy the season and Drive Safely!!

And if you have any questions please contact us at*support@navdy.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #7
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

shipping delay with refund of shipping cost.....

First I want to start by thanking you again for your incredible support. Our team never imagined that we would be fortunate enough to have over 17,000 pre-orders in 2014 and it inspires us everyday. You are an invaluable part of our community and the only thing that is more important to us than shipping your Navdy as quickly as possible is making sure that the device lives up to your expectations.

That’s why we have to share the difficult decision to delay the ship date to the 2nd half of 2015. We know that you ordered with the expectation of receiving Navdy in early 2015, so this is not a decision that we made lightly. But after our recent schedule reviews and a few sleepless nights, we decided the risk of compromising quality to hit our initial deadline was just too great. The delay is painful and we are sorry to disappoint you, but the extra time allows us to do extensive user testing and refinement of every aspect of the product. From the way information is presented, the clarity of the image, the flexibility of the gesture recognition to the way Navdy sits on your car’s dashboard, we are obsessing over every detail to make sure it’s just right.

The only thing worse than shipping late would be shipping a product that does not live up to your expectations. Our commitment to you is that we will not compromise on the quality of the product -- the team at Navdy is incredibly passionate about delivering the world-class product you expect and deserve. We will continue to work tirelessly to deliver to you a product worth waiting for.

We want to make this right. As a gesture of appreciation, if you decide Navdy is worth the extra wait, we will be refunding you the cost of shipping ($20-30 per unit) by the end of the month. If, however, the 2nd Half 2015 is not an acceptable timeframe for you, please let us know by emailing refunds@navdy.com and we will promptly issue you a full refund.

Thank you for your faith and patience; we are grateful to have your support. As we get closer, we will keep you updated on our progress and provide more specifics on shipment dates. We value your feedback and we are always listening, please email support@navdy.com with any questions or to share your thoughts.

We will be sending you some very exciting company and product updates before the end of this month. Stay tuned and drive safely!

Sincerely,
Doug & Team Navdy
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 06:24 AM   #8
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Navdy Update - February 2015
View this email in your browser

Hello!

Navdy’s engineering team has been hard at work, we've made some great improvements and we’re excited to tell you about them:
Improved graphics, bigger virtual display, and better user interface. The new user interface is stunning, the image size bigger, and the gestures are even more intuitive.
Offline maps that allow following routes, creating new routes, and recalculating routes; even if your phone has no internet connectivity or to avoid roaming charges while traveling.
Improvements in thermal, vibration, and dimming that make using Navdy safer and easier to use.
Development of multiple magnetic mounts with a special nano grip material to connect to your dashboard. This means Navdy should fit comfortably on almost any dashboard.
Added a mini-USB port for developers and future accessories.
At the same time, we've decided to remove some redundant hardware components to simplify the unit and make installation easier. Specifically, instead of connecting your Navdy to your car stereo you can now leave your phone connected to the car as it is currently and audio is sent from Navdy to your phone over Bluetooth. This makes setup easier and also means we can remove the internal speaker, AUX jack, and mic from Navdy by leveraging your phone instead. We also removed Navdy’s built-in GPS, and will instead use your phone’s existing GPS, which has a faster lock time with cell tower triangulation.

Company Updates
In 2014 we were fortunate enough to have over 17,000 pre-orders from our first customers. Over 2,000 retailers and other businesses reached out about partnerships. As many of you know, we raised $6.5 million from investors to fund the development of the product and the company. Our staff has grown to a team of 20 people - engineers, designers, and developers, all working under one roof to build the future of driving. We expect to double in size to 40 by the end of 2015.

In January we hosted a very successful Hackathon weekend, sponsored by BMW, in our new office space in SOMA. Over 250 developers attended as well as a dozen BMW Vice-Presidents from Munich, Germany. It was a great opportunity for us to do private demos to over 100 people and see developers get excited about Navdy. Here are a couple of pictures from the event:

The CEO & CFO of Lyft stopped in for a quick Navdy demo.

The Hack the Drive judges panel with Doug and executives from BMW, ChargePoint, Nokia Here, and Pivotal.

A BMW Executive demoing Navdy.
We’re excited about Navdy’s progress, and we hope you are too! Navdy’s shaping up to be even cooler and more convenient than we imagined. As mentioned in our last update we are planning to ship in the 2nd half of 2015. To be more specific our current estimate is for shipping in September 2015. If our expected ship date changes we will keep you informed.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

Quote:
Navdy Update - February 2015
View this email in your browser

Hello!

Navdy’s engineering team has been hard at work, we've made some great improvements and we’re excited to tell you about them:
Improved graphics, bigger virtual display, and better user interface. The new user interface is stunning, the image size bigger, and the gestures are even more intuitive.
Offline maps that allow following routes, creating new routes, and recalculating routes; even if your phone has no internet connectivity or to avoid roaming charges while traveling.
Improvements in thermal, vibration, and dimming that make using Navdy safer and easier to use.
Development of multiple magnetic mounts with a special nano grip material to connect to your dashboard. This means Navdy should fit comfortably on almost any dashboard.
Added a mini-USB port for developers and future accessories.
At the same time, we've decided to remove some redundant hardware components to simplify the unit and make installation easier. Specifically, instead of connecting your Navdy to your car stereo you can now leave your phone connected to the car as it is currently and audio is sent from Navdy to your phone over Bluetooth. This makes setup easier and also means we can remove the internal speaker, AUX jack, and mic from Navdy by leveraging your phone instead. We also removed Navdy’s built-in GPS, and will instead use your phone’s existing GPS, which has a faster lock time with cell tower triangulation.

Company Updates
In 2014 we were fortunate enough to have over 17,000 pre-orders from our first customers. Over 2,000 retailers and other businesses reached out about partnerships. As many of you know, we raised $6.5 million from investors to fund the development of the product and the company. Our staff has grown to a team of 20 people - engineers, designers, and developers, all working under one roof to build the future of driving. We expect to double in size to 40 by the end of 2015.

In January we hosted a very successful Hackathon weekend, sponsored by BMW, in our new office space in SOMA. Over 250 developers attended as well as a dozen BMW Vice-Presidents from Munich, Germany. It was a great opportunity for us to do private demos to over 100 people and see developers get excited about Navdy. Here are a couple of pictures from the event:

The CEO & CFO of Lyft stopped in for a quick Navdy demo.

The Hack the Drive judges panel with Doug and executives from BMW, ChargePoint, Nokia Here, and Pivotal.

A BMW Executive demoing Navdy.
We’re excited about Navdy’s progress, and we hope you are too! Navdy’s shaping up to be even cooler and more convenient than we imagined. As mentioned in our last update we are planning to ship in the 2nd half of 2015. To be more specific our current estimate is for shipping in September 2015. If our expected ship date changes we will keep you informed.

Why navdy when bmw has its own HUS (not HUD)? Was contemplaining navdy, luckily bmw came up with the HUS
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

May be u are right
But hus is projecting the image on the front screen
Navdy is some distance away....

This is a diff technology
I think
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #11
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Navdy Logo

Hello!

Thanks for tuning in to Navdy’s August supporter updates. With the excitement we received after last month’s Q&A session with some of our top talent, we’ve decided to keep that same format moving forward. Each month, we’ll provide interviews with our senior staff which illustrate our progress and keep you in the loop with regards to principles, progress, and priorities for the product. We’ll base each update topic on the volume of relevant inquiries we receive that period.

Before delving into the product, we’d like to reassure you, our patient fans, that we’re still on track to begin shipping units in December and ramp up delivery through February. We’re proud of the final stages of development and fine-tuning we’ve been so meticulous about perfecting, and we think you will be too, especially when you receive your Navdy.

This month, there have been a lot of questions around security and how we’re architecting Navdy to protect our customers from any potentially malicious threats, no matter how improbable or unlikely. Our venerable chief technology officer, Ali Rahimi, sits down with David Paschich, one of our senior software engineers, to discuss Navdy's ongoing security efforts, systems, and protocols in this new frontier.

Thanks so much for your faith and patience, we are grateful for your support. We value your feedback and we are always listening, so please email support@navdy.com with any questions or to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Doug & Team Navdy

Sung Yang - Director of Mechanical Engineering
David Paschich
Senior Software Engineer
-Programming Protection Protocols-

"Navdy doesn’t allow any inbound connections; all its connections to the internet are outbound only. In addition, all our connections use TLS with certificate verification to ensure that Navdy is talking to genuine backend servers for information, and not being subjected to a man-in-the-middle attack. Lastly, all network access goes through the companion apps running on your phone, Android or iOS, giving us another layer of security to ensure that an attacker can’t connect to Navdy directly."

+ Read More

Click here to Read the Full Q&A!
Copyright © 2015 Navdy, Inc., All rights reserved.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #12
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
May be u are right
But hus is projecting the image on the front screen
Navdy is some distance away....

This is a diff technology
I think
Hey fung0001...whatever happened with this?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #13
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Device of bmw projects image with focus on the glass plane

But according to advertisement of navdy
Their image focus away from the screen
i.e. U can focus at objects quite far away & see the image at the same time
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #14
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

looks cheep
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #15
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Device of bmw projects image with focus on the glass plane

But according to advertisement of navdy
Their image focus away from the screen
i.e. U can focus at objects quite far away & see the image at the same time
Navdy projects onto .... hm ... nowhere ...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:03 AM   #16
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have already installed NBT ......................with GPS & navigation function

Dear Navdy Supporters,

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we’re still on track to get pre-orders that were ordered before December 1, 2015 shipped by March 31 and pre-orders made on or after December 1 shipped in Q2. We will reach out to collect your mailing address shortly before we ship to make sure your Navdy comes to your current residence.

Pictured above: Ramnik Khangura, VP & Head of Operations with a fully-assembled Navdy (prior to texturing and final finishing)
As always, we will keep you informed of updates or changes in the status of your Navdy. Currently we are on track and have passed all compliance pre-screens, but if there are any delays in receiving final certifications (like Apple’s Made For iPhone [MFi], FCC Compliance, CE or Bluetooth Certification) we will let you know.

We value your feedback and we are always listening, so please email support@navdy.com with any questions or to share your thoughts. All the best from our team in the new year. We look forward to shipping your Navdy!

Sincerely,

Doug and Team Navdy
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #17
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have already installed NBT ......................with GPS & navigation function

Dear Navdy Supporters,

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we’re still on track to get pre-orders that were ordered before December 1, 2015 shipped by March 31 and pre-orders made on or after December 1 shipped in Q2. We will reach out to collect your mailing address shortly before we ship to make sure your Navdy comes to your current residence.

Pictured above: Ramnik Khangura, VP & Head of Operations with a fully-assembled Navdy (prior to texturing and final finishing)
As always, we will keep you informed of updates or changes in the status of your Navdy. Currently we are on track and have passed all compliance pre-screens, but if there are any delays in receiving final certifications (like Apple’s Made For iPhone [MFi], FCC Compliance, CE or Bluetooth Certification) we will let you know.

We value your feedback and we are always listening, so please email support@navdy.com with any questions or to share your thoughts. All the best from our team in the new year. We look forward to shipping your Navdy!

Sincerely,

Doug and Team Navdy
Are we there yet? just a regular 2-3 years delay ....
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #18
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep

Have anyone received it yet?😭
Appreciate 0