2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Upgrade HiFi system using $1000-$1500

10-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #45
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Going to lose my mind in anticipation for this bimmertech amp! Anyway I was curious if I was the first person here with an F10 getting this amp? Seems to be plenty of F30 owners with the amp though...

You're going to be the second one to have one but the first with the bracket.

We've sold over 100 to F30 owners.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #46
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech
Quote:
Going to lose my mind in anticipation for this bimmertech amp! Anyway I was curious if I was the first person here with an F10 getting this amp? Seems to be plenty of F30 owners with the amp though...

You're going to be the second one to have one but the first with the bracket.

We've sold over 100 to F30 owners.
Awesome! I'll be sure to review to the community
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 04:06 AM   #47
rji2goleez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi

Quote:
Yesterday, I finished reading all 19 pages in the f30 thread and placed my order for bimmertech amp for my 2013 F10. It will join my soon to be installed Bavsound Stage One and their underseat woofers. Can't wait to play!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #48
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rji2goleez
Quote:
Yesterday, I finished reading all 19 pages in the f30 thread and placed my order for bimmertech amp for my 2013 F10. It will join my soon to be installed Bavsound Stage One and their underseat woofers. Can't wait to play!
Awesome! I remember reading through all those pages as well lol took me quite some time. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #49
rji2goleez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! I remember reading through all those pages as well lol took me quite some time. Can't wait
Yeah, but I learned a lot and realized I have a lot to learn! The amp install sounds like it will be easy even for a noob like me. I'm also installing Bavsound stage one's. The door speaker/tweeter install could be a little more interesting for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #50
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

The BimmerTech Amp hands down is the best thing in the audio world for BMW because I believe it solved many issues with an after market amp/dsp without hacking up the OEM factory wires... pretty much just plug n play! What I'm not sold on is the Bav's only because I don't have means to demo them and I think all your paying for is the PnP feature. I have yet read any reviews with anybody that actually ran an aftermarket amp on the Bav's and whether or not they can handle more power and if they are still clear at high volumes. So far after reading through every forum regarding BavSound it seems everyone is content with the results on whatever stock factory amp they have. Really really interested to hear those who purchased the BimmerTech Amp from Nelson who are running the Bav's to see what their impressions are before and after the install!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #51
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
The BimmerTech Amp hands down is the best thing in the audio world for BMW because I believe it solved many issues with an after market amp/dsp without hacking up the OEM factory wires... pretty much just plug n play! What I'm not sold on is the Bav's only because I don't have means to demo them and I think all your paying for is the PnP feature. I have yet read any reviews with anybody that actually ran an aftermarket amp on the Bav's and whether or not they can handle more power and if they are still clear at high volumes. So far after reading through every forum regarding BavSound it seems everyone is content with the results on whatever stock factory amp they have. Really really interested to hear those who purchased the BimmerTech Amp from Nelson who are running the Bav's to see what their impressions are before and after the install!
Most people are actually underwhelmed with the bavsound speakers using the OEM amp, that's why a lot of customers already have their speakers as a starting point hoping that's all they need for better sound. You're correct, you paying for the PNP aspect of their speakers. For the money there's plenty of better options. I've heard pretty much every speaker line available for BMW and happen to carry a few in my shop.

The F30 i used to create the F30 bavsound file sounded marginal better when using the factory amp. I actually took my time and sat down with the owner and we listened to both oem and bavsound speakers using the oem and he was unimpressed. Yes, they had more clarity and tonally the sounded better but you could't really crank them up. The weakest link in the OEM sound system is the amp not the speakers so if you had money to do only one i would go with the amp upgrade...

To get feedback on guys that using the bavsound with our amp i suggest posting on the f30 thread, you will get plenty of feedback there.

There's no such thing as to much power on speakers, that's why you have a gain knob and parameters on the dsp software. I have 270 watts going into each of my tweeters, midrange and midbass drivers. I love having HEADROOM.

Last edited by Nelson@BimmerTech; 10-21-2015 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2015, 10:03 PM   #52
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Good stuff there Nelson! That's what I figured! My plans come springtime hopefully or summer is to go with your Bimmertech amp to run tweeters, mids and midbass and run an external amp for 2 12" JL 12W3's in a sealed custom enclosure. I think that will suit my audio needs so you'll be hearing from me when i put my order in!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #53
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Most people are actually underwhelmed with the bavsound speakers using the OEM amp, that's why a lot of customers already have their speakers as a starting point hoping that's all they need for better sound. You're correct, you paying for the PNP aspect of their speakers. For the money there's plenty of better options. I've heard pretty much every speaker line available for BMW and happen to carry a few in my shop.

The F30 i used to create the F30 bavsound file sounded marginal better when using the factory amp. I actually took my time and sat down with the owner and we listened to both oem and bavsound speakers using the oem and he was unimpressed. Yes, they had more clarity and tonally the sounded better but you could't really crank them up. The weakest link in the OEM sound system is the amp not the speakers so if you had money to do only one i would go with the amp upgrade...

To get feedback on guys that using the bavsound with our amp i suggest posting on the f30 thread, you will get plenty of feedback there.

There's no such thing as to much power on speakers, that's why you have a gain knob and parameters on the dsp software. I have 270 watts going into each of my tweeters, midrange and midbass drivers. I love having HEADROOM.
Hey what equipment are you running Nelson?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #54
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

I have a question. I'm waiting on the bimmertech amp and I know it does either 55 x 8 or 70 x 8 depending on ohms. My question is if I was to add an alpine pdx-v9 into the equation which put out 100 watts, would the speakers be seeing 70 watts from the bimmertech amp PLUS the 100 watts from the alpine pdx? Or would it only take power from one
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #55
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Dynaudio Esotar2 3 way set and subs $7400 speaker set up and 2 Brax MX4, $5k each.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #56
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Dynaudio Esotar2 3 way set and subs $7400 speaker set up and 2 Brax MX4, $5k each.
That's insane
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #57
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have a question. I'm waiting on the bimmertech amp and I know it does either 55 x 8 or 70 x 8 depending on ohms. My question is if I was to add an alpine pdx-v9 into the equation which put out 100 watts, would the speakers be seeing 70 watts from the bimmertech amp PLUS the 100 watts from the alpine pdx? Or would it only take power from one
That defeats the purpose of getting our amp. Apple to Oranges. You not just getting an amp, this also has a full blows 8 channel DSP. if you wanted to do the alpine, I suggest getting a standalone DSP like the Helix DSP http://www.crutchfield.com/p_975HELIXDS/Helix-DSP.html

Or their 120x6 amp/dsp but you will still need to add a second amp. This unit only has a 6 channel amp http://www.crutchfield.com/p_975PSIXDSP/Helix-P-SIX-DSP.html

Assuming you're going to upgrade your speakers to something like the Jehnerts, even if you do our amp has plenty of power for any speaker upgrade that uses stock location speakers. If you're doing custom speaker upgrade than our amp is not for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #58
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That defeats the purpose of getting our amp. Apple to Oranges. You not just getting an amp, this also has a full blows 8 channel DSP. if you wanted to do the alpine, I suggest getting a standalone DSP like the Helix DSP http://www.crutchfield.com/p_975HELIXDS/Helix-DSP.html

Or their 120x6 amp/dsp but you will still need to add a second amp. This unit only has a 6 channel amp http://www.crutchfield.com/p_975PSIXDSP/Helix-P-SIX-DSP.html

Assuming you're going to upgrade your speakers to something like the Jehnerts, even if you do our amp has plenty of power for any speaker upgrade that uses stock location speakers. If you're doing custom speaker upgrade than our amp is not for you.
Yes I'm not doing anything custom besides the trunk subs so I guess I will be fine. How's your boss in Poland doing? Is he feeling better
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #59
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That's insane
My rca alone costs more than our amp upgrade lol. Most of our customers have no idea the steal they getting with this amp. Even at full retail, and I believe we can charge more once you look at other options. You're getting an 8 channel amp with built in DSP, pnp harness, custom bracket and tune for your vehicle. I charge $125 per hour to tune local cars, for the F10 I took 4-5 hours to create a tune for it. Tell me that's not a bargain
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #60
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes I'm not doing anything custom besides the trunk subs so I guess I will be fine. How's your boss in Poland doing? Is he feeling better
Yeah much better. amps our on their way to me. Are you upgrading your stock speakers?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #61
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's insane
My rca alone costs more than our amp upgrade lol. Most of our customers have no idea the steal they getting with this amp. Even at full retail, and I believe we can charge more once you look at other options. You're getting an 8 channel amp with built in DSP, pnp harness, custom bracket and tune for your vehicle. I charge $125 per hour to tune local cars, for the F10 I took 4-5 hours to create a tune for it. Tell me that's not a bargain
Wow you're right. It's apparent even more now that you made these points. Honestly I purchased it because of the fact that I had a nightmare while trying to get equipment installed at a local shop. The shop did my audio install on my e60 and I was actually impressed that they were able to fix 6.5" speakers in the 4" factory locations without any modifications, only hacking out a little bit of foam. Install was great. However I guess with the F10 things were different. F10 is very sensitive. I had the shop install an lcq-1 along with two amps(one for trunk subs and one for highs) and changed out the interior speakers as well. It all went wrong from the first week after as I got the battery drain issue and check engine light. Install shop basically didn't really know what they were doing it seems. Caused tons of problems for me that I ended up taking everything out two weeks after. Just wasn't worth it. Install sounded like shit too. Anyway, I'm a car audio guy I like my music loud and clear. If your amp delivers that without the hassle, and is plug and play, I can't ask for more! Can't wait..lol I keep saying it but it's true
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #62
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah much better. amps our on their way to me. Are you upgrading your stock speakers?
Most likely I will. I have CDT audio cl42sl components left over from when I tried to upgrade previously so I'll probably throw those in the front. Don't want to go with BAV because I'm sure there are better options out there without the PNP capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #63
n3985
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

This is an interesting thread to read! So if the Bavsound speakers are not really worth the $, will the underseat subwoofers compliment the Bimmertech amp well?

The wife's F10 with HiFi system gets the job done but...yeah
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #64
rji2goleez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Nelson - I just placed my order for the amp for my F10 a couple of days ago and was wondering what I can expect for turnaround. Too excited to get some good sounds in my ride.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #65
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #66
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3985 View Post
This is an interesting thread to read! So if the Bavsound speakers are not really worth the $, will the underseat subwoofers compliment the Bimmertech amp well?

The wife's F10 with HiFi system gets the job done but...yeah
It should sound much better because you are getting more power and DSP! NOW if it sounds muddy than u gotta replace those 8's!
Appreciate 0