2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum thinking of painting my m5 diffuser a bit differently

01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

thinking of painting my m5 diffuser a bit differently

I was thinking of painting my m5 diffuser a bit differently and can't seem to find a pic to see if it would look good or not. i have a aw 550 and was thinking of painting the main part of the diffuser gloss black and the insert piece AW. how do you guys think that would look?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Personally i've seen this done from someone with a 335 and it did not look too good.

I would vote gloss black diffuser but get the middle section wrapped in matte CF. Adds a nice contrast but without being too in your face like the white would.

Alan
      01-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Personally i've seen this done from someone with a 335 and it did not look too good.

I would vote gloss black diffuser but get the middle section wrapped in matte CF. Adds a nice contrast but without being too in your face like the white would.

Alan
i was thinking that but the pics i seem with the gloss black seems to hide the lines of the diffuser. I just dropped off the piece to get it painted AW and gloss black in the insert. I was thinking about wrapping the whole thing in CF vinyl or something but worried it might peel with the heat. gets put on tues with my exhaust so pics will follow!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
gre8tw8LL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Alan
i was thinking that but the pics i seem with the gloss black seems to hide the lines of the diffuser. I just dropped off the piece to get it painted AW and gloss black in the insert. I was thinking about wrapping the whole thing in CF vinyl or something but worried it might peel with the heat. gets put on tues with my exhaust so pics will follow!
Let me know if any fabrication is needed when added the m5 diffuser. Considering is in adding the same diffuser on my 535 AW Msport. Thx
2012 535i Alpine White | Oyster Black Dakota Interior | Hamann Front Lip | LiteSpeed Catback Exhaust | M5 Diffuser| Painted Calipers & Reflectors | Black Gloss Grill | LED interior lights | Piaa Plasma Yellow Foglights | Born on 1/30/12
Appreciate 0