2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New (to me) 2014 550i m-sport

12-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
scubabri
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i M-Sport

New (to me) 2014 550i m-sport

Howdee, just got my 2nd (3rd if you count my bike) bmw, a 2014 550i M-sport. I've been reading about coding and the like and I'm wondering what codes should I do. Here's my VIN D681718.

There are a couple annoyances that I'd like to get rid of if possible:

Can I have the driving/fog lites come on by default and stay on with high beams?
Can I have auto stop/start off by default?
Can I add the high beam assist?
Can I add the heated steering wheel?

And of course, what are everyone's favorite codes?

thanks,

b
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 01:27 AM   #2
mswscco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

I've coded a few things on my car. Don't remember seeing anything about fogs coming on with high beams, but I'm using Carly, which isn't entirely exhaustive.

Auto stop/start doesn't require any coding. Just turn it off and the vehicle will default to off the next time you start (unless you engage eco mode, but who does that?)

High beam assist and heated steering wheel obviously have hardware components, so coding alone won't do it.

Coded options I use everyday: Close trunk with button in footwell as well as remote, fold mirrors with remote, unlock driver door upon ignition off.

Enjoy your new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabri View Post
Howdee, just got my 2nd (3rd if you count my bike) bmw, a 2014 550i M-sport. I've been reading about coding and the like and I'm wondering what codes should I do. Here's my VIN D681718.

There are a couple annoyances that I'd like to get rid of if possible:

Can I have the driving/fog lites come on by default and stay on with high beams?
Can I have auto stop/start off by default?
Can I add the high beam assist?
Can I add the heated steering wheel?

And of course, what are everyone's favorite codes?

thanks,

b
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

As stated above, the LCI's will remember the last setting for the A/S/S. Try this for the fog/driving lights...

FEM_BODY... 3050... NSW_AUS_BEI_FL nicht_aktiv... aktiv... Allows Fog Lights to remain on when high beams are active.

FEM_BODY... 3060... NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL aktiv...nicht_aktiv... Allows Fog Lights to turn on while only parking lights are on.

The first setting (aktiv of nicht_aktiv) is the new setting and the second is the default setting.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #4
scubabri
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
As stated above, the LCI's will remember the last setting for the A/S/S. Try this for the fog/driving lights...

FEM_BODY... 3050... NSW_AUS_BEI_FL nicht_aktiv... aktiv... Allows Fog Lights to remain on when high beams are active.

FEM_BODY... 3060... NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL aktiv...nicht_aktiv... Allows Fog Lights to turn on while only parking lights are on.

The first setting (aktiv of nicht_aktiv) is the new setting and the second is the default setting.
Can I do this with Carly? Also, is there any way that I can reply with voice to text messages or is only available with carplay in the newer models?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:39 AM   #5
mswscco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

You'll need a Dragon subscription to dictate text messages. I think it's $30 for a year.

Currently Carly cannot code the fogs to do what you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Can I do this with Carly? Also, is there any way that I can reply with voice to text messages or is only available with carplay in the newer models?
Don't know. I use ESys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswscco View Post
You'll need a Dragon subscription to dictate text messages. I think it's $30 for a year.

Currently Carly cannot code the fogs to do what you want.
My LCI 2014 has voice to text; either with Bluetooth or plugged in. The text wording can get interesting... I dictated "running late missing all the lights". The car sent "running late missing all the whites"!!

Haven't checked our 2012 as it's my wife's car.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
mness
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535iM

Quote:
Do you have an iPhone? If so, press and hold the Voice Command button on the steering wheel, and Siri will come on: "text to [whoever]" and then dictate your message. She can also read incoming messages, etc.

Suggestions to code:
Disable all of the legal warning messages
Disable the seatbelt chimes
Enable Variable Light Distribution (wider beams at low speed, moves to narrower/further at like 20mph)
Unlock the doors when the engine is turned off
Turn off radio/electrical accessories when the driver's door is opened and the engine is off (so that you don't have to press the engine off button a second time)
Windows up/down and mirrors fold/unfold when you hold the lock/unlock key button.
Disable limiting the display of email messages to the first line.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, SAT, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.

Last edited by mness; 12-09-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

congrats!

i had codemycar.com code my car for me....he did it remotely using citrix go to meeting (they will send you all the sw you need to download) took him about an hr to do it....check out their website and you'll see the coding options available for your car....i did alot of the same options that are mentioned in the post above.
Appreciate 0