2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Adding paddles may have been a mistake...

07-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #23
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I just tried out the sport mode manual on my 535i auto and was not entirely impressed. Not sure if it was because the temps outside were 100 degrees plus and got turbo lag. The shifts felt a little unnatural because it doesn't necessarily rev match like my M3 SMG does. I'll have to stick to my original statement that it is nothing like the DCT or SMG. I'm seriously now considering a manual M5 especially since this will be the last model to have the option.
LOL!!!! Compared to an M3 with DCT or SMG, of course not!!! Torque converters will not give you the same feel!
I drive an manual 535i, its no M car either, but im not looking for that kind of performance or ride. Its my compromise, its a "Gran Tourer" with some fun to be had.
Im impressed with the performance on my wifes 4 banger allroad for what it is.
      07-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #24
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
....I can say for sure I always drive my car in sport mode I love respond and how quick it gets up.
It does, you are correct, judging by up-shifting in sport mode I can see why people are saying they don't miss manual, car is smooth and fast. It's the downshifts where the "feel" is very different from manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
It does, you are correct, judging by up-shifting in sport mode I can see why people are saying they don't miss manual, car is smooth and fast. It's the downshifts where the "feel" is very different from manual.
i think once i put the Meisterschaft's on when i down shift it'll sound like the car is a manual
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #26
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i think once i put the Meisterschaft's on when i down shift it'll sound like the car is a manual
I'm sure it will.

I meant downshifts without using paddles with automatic just aren't as predictable and exactly where I would want to be in RPM range comparing to manual or paddles. That's what EL Jeffe 5 was referring to, at least that's how I read what he said.
Appreciate 0