2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes HEADS UP! ANYONE need SLOTTED DRILLED ROTORS? Good Deal going on...

09-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #89
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Oh OK Ill check it out thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #90
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Macan Turbo

Do you guys have a close up picture of the rotor before installation?
      09-25-2015, 12:13 AM   #91
Autobuffoonery
I am groot
Rep
Drives: 550I M SPORT

How's this....
Attached Images

CF kidney grills, rear diffuser, rear spoiler, bmw emblems, Megan Racing mufflers, H&R Sport Springs, Forgestar F14's Front 20x9/275/30r20 Rear 20x11 305/25r20, AQ3500d, Audio Control LC2, custom ascendant audio 12" chaos/mayhem's 4th order
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 02:04 AM   #92
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #93
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Macan Turbo

Thanks, I'm interested!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 05:50 AM   #94
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

How are the brakes holding up you guys?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:47 AM   #95
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I'm loving my setup. On my oem brakes after some heavy breaking I would get squeaks. Not so with my drilled n slotted with ceramic pads. Very happy!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #96
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
I'm loving my setup. On my oem brakes after some heavy breaking I would get squeaks. Not so with my drilled n slotted with ceramic pads. Very happy!
Awesome! That's good news!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #97
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Mine are cracked and rusted and warped and shitty, O' wait that's what the haters say! Actually they are working great, no squeaking or warpage and hardly any brake dust due to ceramic pads. I drive this pig like I stole it everyday, my girlfriend asked me if I'm ever going to drive normal ever again? I said I bought this car so I can haul ass not to drive like an old lady or Mexican with 2lbs of cocain in the trunk.
Appreciate 1
SikhBMW51.50
      02-18-2016, 12:10 AM   #98
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Mine are cracked and rusted and warped and shitty, O' wait that's what the haters say! Actually they are working great, no squeaking or warpage and hardly any brake dust due to ceramic pads. I drive this pig like I stole it everyday, my girlfriend asked me if I'm ever going to drive normal ever again? I said I bought this car so I can haul ass not to drive like an old lady or Mexican with 2lbs of cocain in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 02:35 AM   #99
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Freakin' Teddy!

so no loss of braking or any brake fade that everyone's talking about because of the loss of mass with the holes in the rotors?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 02-21-2016 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #100
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
How is the "Cold Bite" compared to the OEM setup? And do you get that almost mirror finish like OEM on the rotors?

Not trying to be an a$$ I'm just really curious as i have to do my fronts soon. I get this weird Brake judder sometimes at about 100km/hr then it goes away and my rotors are discoloured.I tried bedding and it helped but its still there and I don't know what the original owner put on so i want to start fresh
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 03:21 AM   #101
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
How is the "Cold Bite" compared to the OEM setup? And do you get that almost mirror finish like OEM on the rotors?

Not trying to be an a$$ I'm just really curious as i have to do my fronts soon. I get this weird Brake judder sometimes at about 100km/hr then it goes away and my rotors are discoloured.I tried bedding and it helped but its still there and I don't know what the original owner put on so i want to start fresh
The cold bite is a little less but I don't care and I don't even notice it anymore. I've been driving with the akabono (front) ceramic pads and centric front cross drilled rotors for a year now with ZERO problems. I drive my car hard and brake hard almost everyday with no shudder, brake noise and hardly any brake dust. The rotors are shiny and look good and sporty. My car had a shudder from both the front and rear when I bought it, I changed the fronts first then the rears about 3 months later and I've had ZERO problems with the ceramic pads and rear cross drilled rotors from the OP's (simple3, thanks again!) brake deal he posted. It would be a shame to waste money on stock crap verses ceramic pads all around with cross drilled all around, its better than stock by a long shot for city driving. If you track a 4300lb car then maybe get something better but I wouldn't track this car at 4300lbs. To be clear I ONLY put cross drilled for looks not for the debatable less heat myth from cross drilled haters. I do believe my setup is better than stock but that's prolly debatable too but I'm not debating it. I hope this answered all your questions and everything else you might have wanted to know.

P.s I am autobuffoonery, who did the brake install in this thread.

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 04-21-2016 at 03:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #102
Errowen
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i xDr GC MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
It looks like I'm the only one who HATES slotted and drilled rotors on a regular car (track cars benefit from them) They are a PITA when you wash your car, the water gets caught in the slots/holes , gets that little surface rust in minutes, no matter what you do to dry them, then they shoot "poo-water"around the inside of the rims. I've got 2 cars that came with them and I wish they didn't.
I have the brake performance slotted and drilled set -- same experience after a carwash.

BTW do you notice the first stop after the carwash is really soft -- like having air in the lines? I really have to watch out for it. Possibly water in holes boiling off.

Errowen
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 02:47 AM   #103
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

Freakin' Teddy!

so no loss of braking or any brake fade that everyone's talking about because of the loss of mass with the holes in the rotors?
I have never experienced brake fade yet with this car but I did with my Trans am which was a lot faster. The holes from the cross drilling are allegedly supposed to let hot gasses from the pads escape and help with cooling. I only had the stock brakes for like 4 months before a changed them all out, the stocks were warped and the brake dust was retarded. Sorry for the late response.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #104
Jbarrer2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bmw 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
So I have been searching around for slotted and drilled rotors and finally found a place that sells at a good price and right now they have a 30% off sale until 9/08!

Breakdown:

550i brakes full slotted and drilled WITH ceramic pads for $555.99 shipped!

535i SAME set-up for $401.99 shipped!

528i SAME set-up for $386.99 shipped!

Use coupon code media31for an extra 5 bucks off!

http://brakeperformance.com/

Pic of the set-up I bought. PLEASE note I do not work for these guys just giving members here a heads up!
Anyone ever review these rotors and brake pads!?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #105
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Do yourself a favor and just buy non-drilled/slotted Zimmerman rotors and pads based on what you preference is. I made the mistake of trying to look cool and the setup was nothing close to the performance of the OEM setup. Anyone who claims 10, 20, 30% improvement over stock BMW brakes is straight up lying and using marketing language to sell you. Ive never seen any of these claims actually proven nor have I experienced a difference of improvement. Additionally I found these “racer rotors” to be more audible when braking compared to stock.

Lastly let’s think of the basic principles. More holes, slots = less rotor surface area. Less surface area = less friction which therefore means less braking power. If you think you are getting better power from such setup, you are sadly mistaking.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #106
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Do yourself a favor and just buy non-drilled/slotted Zimmerman rotors and pads based on what you preference is. I made the mistake of trying to look cool and the setup was nothing close to the performance of the OEM setup. Anyone who claims 10, 20, 30% improvement over stock BMW brakes is straight up lying and using marketing language to sell you. Ive never seen any of these claims actually proven nor have I experienced a difference of improvement. Additionally I found these “racer rotors” to be more audible when braking compared to stock.

Lastly let’s think of the basic principles. More holes, slots = less rotor surface area. Less surface area = less friction which therefore means less braking power. If you think you are getting better power from such setup, you are sadly mistaking.
NASCAR stock cars use slotted rotors only; no holes. The slots are good for dissipating the pad gasses. They also generate much, much more heat than a daily-driver would. Ever see a stock rotor glow red?? I guess they would also help dissipate water in the rain.
Appreciate 0