2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2010 Formula 1 Telefónica Grand Prix Of Europe

06-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #111
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Again...

Quote:
sandman1347 wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 15:24

This whole issue is totally solvable. Since it is now quite clear that the other drivers and teams all say, "that's just racing," we can deduce that the whole uproar about this is based on Ferrari/Alonso fans being upset that their man was caught out. They want Hamilton to share their pain.

The real problem in achieving this is not the penalty itself. A drive-thru is the penalty for overtaking the safety car as established by clear presedent. The problem is that Lewis didn't receive the penalty at a time that would cause him a proportionate amount of pain to what Alonso experienced. If the FIA stewards could have simply prioritized penalizing Hamilton over sorting out the paltry matters of ensuring the safety of the drivers after a dangerous incident and tracking the 10 other potential infractions, Alonso might not be so angry right now. Instead, it took a few minutes to gain conclusive evidence that Hamilton had broken the rule and the penalty came too late to hurt Lewis enough.

I'm going to propose that the FIA set up a special Hamilton task force. This unit will have jurisdiction at any F1 race and will be given the authority to fast-track any Hamilton related incidents. They will report directly to Ferrari and can be deployed at the push of a button.
      06-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #112
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Im about to "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" too bad
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #113
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
In additional, Ferrari will need to look at their SC-pit strategy. Stacking TWO CARS at the same time is just not brilliant. wasting time waiting behind your teammate.
With all due respect Ferrari knows how to run a race better than you do. This is the second time you've mentioned this in the thread so I am commenting this time. They stack the two cars because the four seconds Massa lost waiting on Alonso is still less time than he would've lost had he stayed out another lap. The teams aren't stupid. If Massa had've spent another lap out running at SC speed and pitted once the race was under way again he would've ended up much farther back.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #114
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
With all due respect Ferrari knows how to run a race better than you do. This is the second time you've mentioned this in the thread so I am commenting this time. They stack the two cars because the four seconds Massa lost waiting on Alonso is still less time than he would've lost had he stayed out another lap. The teams aren't stupid. If Massa had've spent another lap out running at SC speed and pitted once the race was under way again he would've ended up much farther back.
Unfortunately not in this case....you can blame that Massa and Alonso stuck behind the safety car because of Hamilton....
but see where did Massa ended after pit stop rotation?
P14 after the race and P11 after the 5 second penalty was handed out to all drivers who violated the Safety car in-lap time....

In the past they can stack car because team strategy can play around with fuel loads and pit time...now its just tire change and expect them to finish the race....

anyhow...i'm not the only one criticize Ferrari's stack car strategy....
Ted Kravis from BBC also said Massa waited for his pit and all the traffic had gone pass and eventually stuck behind everyone....he was at P17 at one point....simply put...any second waited doing nothing is wasted in motor racing....

i guess its might be just pure bad luck for the ferraris....but the result spoke for itself....cheers....

i could be arm-chair racing strategist.....but sometime things are just so obvious.....
e.g. Malaysia GP 2009....its still not justify to put FULL WET tires on Kimi when the track is still BONE DRY....not a single drop of rain yet....

Last edited by E90SLAM; 07-01-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #115
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Yes of course they do. But they haven't been running a race very well recently.
This is a very competitive field now, their car is less than superior than the Red Bulls and McLarens, and even Renaults sometimes.

Pit stop rotation under safety car is just pure luck most of the time. Look at Schumi, he was just one second slower to pit and cost him dearly. You might be right, but we never know. I just don't feel like sitting on the pit lane waiting while losing many grid spot waiting for the team to complete Alonso's pit stop is just not too wise and will prone to mistakes from pressure. Remember Singapore 2008? Kimi was the second to pit and waited. The "light control" man was anxious to get Massa out of the way and catastrophic disaster.

Sometimes just luck, and sometimes you might be able to make the luck works towards you better.
      07-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #116
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

I dont care, if isnt o 4 we do on 2 wheels; im a fucking grasping and opportunist spaniard

Superbikes wtf?

Last edited by Javi335; 07-04-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #117
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Yes of course they do. But they haven't been running a race very well recently.
This is a very competitive field now, their car is less than superior than the Red Bulls and McLarens, and even Renaults sometimes.

Pit stop rotation under safety car is just pure luck most of the time. Look at Schumi, he was just one second slower to pit and cost him dearly. You might be right, but we never know. I just don't feel like sitting on the pit lane waiting while losing many grid spot waiting for the team to complete Alonso's pit stop is just not too wise and will prone to mistakes from pressure. Remember Singapore 2008? Kimi was the second to pit and waited. The "light control" man was anxious to get Massa out of the way and catastrophic disaster.

Sometimes just luck, and sometimes you might be able to make the luck works towards you better.
I also thought it was dumb for ferrari to do that, the only explanation I can think of is the delta time they have to make it into the pit stop, maybe another lap out would have been too close or they would have received a penalty also, I dont know if this was the case but its the only thing I can think of for why they would do that
Appreciate 0