2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bimmertech/helix pp82dsp or The New pp62dsp Which one?

02-02-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
Diesel Flash
The Flasher
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M sport

Garage List
2008 320d  [0.00]
Bimmertech/helix pp82dsp or The New pp62dsp Which one?

Firstly i have 100% made my mind up this is the unit i want to go for , for various reasons of S.Q potential, plug n play, proven track record with happy owners on here etc.BTW if you or you know of anyone selling a used model id be interested??, also have a thread open in wanted section, dont mind having it worldwide shipped either.

My problem is im caught between the two i would like more power than the 62 offers at 35rms per channel but alternatively the 82 is nearly £200 more,for 8 channels and alot more rms per channel 55rms off the top of my head.
Dont shoot me down now audiophiles but im going to run my focal k2's passive as its easier n less messing around and will be enough to satisfy me, so question is do i really need the pp82dsp's 8channels or is it worth the extra for more rms power.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to which one to buy, btw i am set on one of these two units so please i wont be swayed

5/6 channel pp62dsp
http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/en/pp-62dsp.html

Or the 8 channel pp82dsp
http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e.../pp-82dsp.html
      02-02-2016, 04:51 AM   #2
Diesel Flash
The Flasher
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 320d  [0.00]
BTW ive upgraded front focal k2 components and In-phase 60w rms rear speakers, but still pondering on the underseats, think i will wait to see if they liven up a little with some extra power.
      02-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

The Bimmertech amp is also made by Audiotech-fischer so that is the direction I'm planning on going. Nelson gave me plenty advice and info on these as my original choice was the JBL MS8. I currently have the hifi system not HK. So with the Bimmertech amp I'll be pushing a set of Gladen Extremes up front which include the 8's for underneath the seats and Gladen MC's for fills in the rear. 55 watts ×8 is plenty power for components especially knowing the amp has DSP. because I'll be running 2 12" Kicker ProCompR's in a sealed enclosure I'll run that of channels 7&8 off the bimmertech amp to a monoblock amp. All pretty much plug n play.

I've searched and searched through numerous forums and seems like for clean, simplicity and assurance the Bimmertech amp paired with either Gladen, Jehnert, Morel and Focal's have more than satisfied the hardcore audiophile's needs
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/audio-amplifier-for-bmw/

LoL forgot to ask which system do you have? For your 8's underneath the seats since you have the Focal's you could timber match them with Focal's also but you know those are pricey. U can go with the Bav's or if anything the SWS8's Earthquake's. They do have some shallow 8" Kicker CompR's I thought about getting before the Gladen's?
Top mounting depth is 2 11/16" so I'm not sure how deep the factory enclosure is? the SWS8's mounting depth is 2 1/8" and those are drop in replacements. A lot of power you can run an external amp on a 2ohm load 400 rms. Only thing they are not PnP so you could have a shop make you some connectors.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 02-02-2016 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
Diesel Flash
The Flasher
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 320d  [0.00]
Thanks for the input bud

bimmertechs site is awsome compared to the german ones ive been searching, probably because i can actually understand what im reading

I also have the concern of my car being stereo base model, (technic p&p) doesnt seem to think it needs to be coded to hifi when fitting the pp82dsp, however on bimmertechs site its part of the package when i purchase the amp... its called remote i drive hifi coding??
I know about coding but how does the remote part come into it, any ideas?

Oh n i wish i had the funds to do my setup like yours, its going to be pretty sweet, youll have to get some pics on once its all done
      02-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I think we both have the same hifi and I believe we don't need coding if I remember correctly. The coding is needed for the guys who need to code their system to hifi. Hopefully Nelson can chime in and confirm. I'll be doing my system some time this year but I've done a lot of homework but so far that's my plan unless something better comes up. But as far as coding we don't need it and I think that's what makes this simplistic!

Definitely get the amp done since I have the same K2's as you. Before the amp I just ran it off my factory head unit which sounded nice. But after the amp upgrade these K2's come ALIVE!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

In the US BMW offers 2 branded sound systems on F10. HIFI and Top Hifi aka Logic7 aka Harman kardon.

In Europe and pretty much the rest of he world there's 3 options. Base Stereo, Hifi and Top Hifi.

Looks like you're in the UK and i'm gonna assume you indeed have the Base Stereo system(if you don't have tweeters in the door sail panels you have the base system and amp in the trunk)

For our amp upgrade you will need our Base stereo to Hifi harness, oem amp bracket and car will need to be recoded to hifi. You will also need to upgrade your front speakers to something thats decent decent and new tweeter sail panels.

Here's some pics of the harness in a E90.

Appreciate 2
      02-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

good info there Nelson!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 02:24 AM   #8
Diesel Flash
The Flasher
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 320d  [0.00]
Thanks for the info nelson, i totally get where your coming from and if i had the cash id jump on the bimmertech amp package, you have a much better knowledge of the product, more so than anyone else selling it in europe.

Just cant quite stretch to a new one at present though, hence trying to source a second hand one, but as they are so new even they warrant good money.

I have actually got the correct harness adapter already the pp-ac-13a. Strange i know but in my head if i bought that all i would need to get then was the actuall unit.

In your opinion would i be better then going for a used european pp82dsp as they will have the correct standalone hardware inside to run my base system, where as if i bought an U.S bimmertech i would need the remote code you sell with the package to take standard base system to hifi??

Thanks again though for your support on this as its abit of a minefield over here in the uk with no product support or help at all.
Struggling to even find an authorised dealer of them
      02-03-2016, 02:37 AM   #9
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Flash View Post
Thanks for the info nelson, i totally get where your coming from and if i had the cash id jump on the bimmertech amp package, you have a much better knowledge of the product, more so than anyone else selling it in europe.

Just cant quite stretch to a new one at present though, hence trying to source a second hand one, but as they are so new even they warrant good money.

I have actually got the correct harness adapter already the pp-ac-13a. Strange i know but in my head if i bought that all i would need to get then was the actuall unit.

In your opinion would i be better then going for a used european pp82dsp as they will have the correct standalone hardware inside to run my base system, where as if i bought an U.S bimmertech i would need the remote code you sell with the package to take standard base system to hifi??

Thanks again though for your support on this as its abit of a minefield over here in the uk with no product support or help at all.
Struggling to even find an authorised dealer of them
The pp-ac-13a is not the full harness, is just part of it. If it was we wouldn't be selling our harness.

You can buy an Match branded PP82dsp but it won't have everything that you need. It will be far from a plug and play option and expect to figure how to wire everything on your own. a lot of rewiring.. We've sold dozens of our kits to UK buyers. We sell the full package including full harness, oem amp bracket and coding.

My honest advice is to save some money and do it right the first time. Maybe you'll get lucky and you find a used F10 PP82DSP in the classified section for a good price.If you do you will still need our base to hifi harness, coding to hifi and amp bracket.
Appreciate 0