2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Thread size for roof rack bolts?

08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
CJ 43
Rep
Drives: F10

Thread size for roof rack bolts?

Does anyone know for definite what these are? M5, M6 etc?

I have a roof rack I'm transferring from my E class, which only needs minor adjustment and seems like it has exactly the same arrangement as the Merc for how the feet of each roof bar sits. However when I tested the bolt in the BMW it just seemed a shade too slack and with what I'm planning to carry I could do with being bang on.

I'm planning to visit a local nut & bolt co. but wondered if anyone knew what the size is so I can avoid wasting time in a lucky dip selection...

Plus of course when they see what sort of car you're getting a bolt for, they'll whack 20% on the price...

Cheers...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
WndRidr
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M-Sport

Roof Rack Bolt Size

Were you successful in finding the right bolts for your roof rack? I'd be interested in knowing the size, since I'm trying to transfer the rack from my E39 5-series. It looks like the feet fit the slots okay, but the old bolts are a little too small.
Appreciate 0