2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Efficient Dynamics Readout in the F10

09-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Dulles530
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

Efficient Dynamics Readout in the F10

Scanning the owners manual of the F10 seems to find little about the Efficient Dynamics display which is found right under the rev counter on the dash. In older BMWs, like my 2003 530, that area had a gauge which showed you your MPG based on your acceleration and driving style.. the pointer would swing more to 30-40 MPG if I drove conservatively, or drop alot if I was really flooring it.

Is the Efficient Dynamics scale indicating the same thing? Is there a desired range I should be aiming for.. such as the blue part of the scale (where the picture of a blue battery is - for power regeneration)..?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
krugerjq
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X3 2d M Sport, F800GS

The first part shows the current fuel consumption. Same as the old BMW’s. The higher it indicates the better. The other part is the charging of the battery. This will start indicating when you take your foot of the pedal. (coasting and slowing down) When I received my car they did not remove the delivery setting on the car computer. There was a battery logo displayed and the battery level in %. I drove the car like that for 2 weeks. The battery never went under 75%. The computer manages the charging of the battery.
Appreciate 0