2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Grinding noise from intake when pressing gas pedal??

12-10-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

Grinding noise from intake when pressing gas pedal??

Hoping that someone will offer some good advice as usual. I love this forum. Thank you everyone for all the help Ive gotten here with various issues. Here is my current problem:
I HAVE 2011 F10 528i N52T engine with 110k miles. When I press the gas pedal I get a grinding sound that stops immediately when I stop giving it gas. Happens even in park. Does this engine have a DISA valve or some sort of flap on the intake side ? Ive read BMW used those until 2010 so im not sure if this will apply to my motor or not? Does anyone know of anything else this could be?? I cant drive it like this dont want to cause more damage. I will try to get someone to step on the gas so I can make a recording of the noise and post asap
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #2
iamross04
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3series View Post
Hoping that someone will offer some good advice as usual. I love this forum. Thank you everyone for all the help Ive gotten here with various issues. Here is my current problem:
I HAVE 2011 F10 528i N52T engine with 110k miles. When I press the gas pedal I get a grinding sound that stops immediately when I stop giving it gas. Happens even in park. Does this engine have a DISA valve or some sort of flap on the intake side ? Ive read BMW used those until 2010 so im not sure if this will apply to my motor or not? Does anyone know of anything else this could be?? I cant drive it like this dont want to cause more damage. I will try to get someone to step on the gas so I can make a recording of the noise and post asap
Thank you
Constant-velocity joints (also known as CV joints) are what connects the transmission to the wheels. They are used primarily on front-wheel-drive vehicles. If your car makes noise when accelerating at low speeds and taking a tight turn (usually a clicking, knocking, or grinding sound), it is likely failing.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #3
Cali_MSport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30, 06 325i, 07 328i

Bad Disa Valves

Well it turns out that it's the intake air flap that is rattling around it has broke loose in referring to the disa valve. I need to replace both of them but the oem parts will run me around $625 for both valves. I can get both valves on eBay for $100 but I have a feeling that this is a part you don't go cheap on. It can cause major damage but than I have to wonder how good of quality is the oem they are known for failing too. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket disa valves or the ones sold on ebay or Amazon? I'm not even sure how to match them to my car because on all of the websites for vin number lookup they say my car has the N52T motor but my local dealer tells me when he searches my vin it comes up as the N52N motor so I'm confused the car is the 2011 528i with the inline 6 cylinder 3.0lL engine
Appreciate 0